Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

mai tai glass with tiki face

Pages: 1 7 replies

does anyone know where i can find this particular glass? i saw it first at a red robin, they served thair mai tai in it...( which wasnt a maitai at all) but i like thwe glass. it was clear glass and was on a short stem. somewhat goblet shaped but with a tiki face.

I was within hearing range of a girl that put two in her purse ....the server rinced them out for her as well ....hmmmm
thats one way , just ask .

You used to be able to get them at the red robin.

If you are desperate for one I could send an extra of mine.
Just PM me.

Jack

Like these...

Pretty common here...

PTD

L

On 2009-03-19 14:43, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Like these...

Pretty common here...

PTD

That might be why you can't find any...PTD found them all first!

On 2009-03-19 13:36, TIKIVILLE wrote:
I was within hearing range of a girl that put two in her purse ....the server rinced them out for her as well ....hmmmm
thats one way , just ask .

i dont know if i can bear to drink one more of those aweful mai tai type concoctions .. but the glass is pretty worth it. maybe next time ill hussle the waitress.i did however make out last night with a sweet mermaid mug and a bamboo style tumbler from a new chinese place down the street from my place.

A lot of establishments way back when and a very few even now offered a free mug with the purchase of a cocktail. They usually had a signature mug to take home as a keepsake or maybe as an incentive to buy the more costly drink. Then there is "field collecting". This is the liberation of an item by covert means (stuck in a purse). Now I am sure that more than a few of my vintage mugs in my collection that I have bought over the years were obtained this way and not many are around and so are rather scarce. Some places such as the Mai Kai and Bali Hai still have gift shops that sell mugs and other items and help out with costs. Field collecting and replacement cost moved many establishments to drop the mugs all together and go with a standard glass.

Pages: 1 7 replies