Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Ranch, Temecula, CA ?

Pages: 1 13 replies

TS

Anyone heard of this place? I can't seem to find any info, but I stumbled on an old raver magazine, and it lists the place as having thrown an event there back in the early 90s....The rave was held outdoors.

On an unrelated note, while looking for information regarding Tiki Ranch in Temecula, I stumbled across this...
http://www.paradisegardens.com/

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-03-20 13:40 ]

Wow, in Temecula? I'm guessing if it was the early 90's, it most likely was at The Tikis in Lake Elsinore. They're only about 5-10 miles apart and that whole area is sometimes referred to as Temecula Valley. Otherwise, it may have just been some tiki themed rave out in wine country or something.

Good guess:
A.) Though they never officially opened in that location, Danny's sons did put on some raves there--which only got them into further trouble with the Lake Elsinore city officials and made it more unlikely for the Tikis to ever get its license.

B.) Danny told me that he had a great idea to update the Tikis concept (by the early 90s even he had gotten the drift that Tiki was "out'): He would mix it with a Country/Western style under the umbrella of a "Hawaiian Cowboy" theme! I responded with a reserved smile...

Hawaiian Cowboy? Yikes... that sounds like something that would have been around in the early 80's. Kind of like flipping back and fourth between Magnum P.I. and Urban Cowboy.... then having it end up as a warped fantasy on Fantasy Island.

Actually, maybe that should be the theme for 2010 Oasis? Tiki Ho Down! Ha, ha, ha.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-03-20 17:10 ]

V

Hawaiian Cowboy? I think that was the name of The Tradewinds after it reopened.

T

I forget who sings it right now, but "Hawaiian Cowboy"
is an old song isn't it??

T

I doubt this was the Tikis. The Tikis was North of the lake and temecula is South of the lake. More than 20 miles apart. A tiki themed rave out in a field is probably what it was.

TS

I didn't think about Danny B.'s The Tikis II property. That sounds like a real possibility, and the only real plausible one... The rave was called/named "Apocalypse" according to the article, so I do not think the promoters made it a tiki theme...The way the article reads, although not specific or clear, leads me to believe that the "Tiki Ranch" was already tiki themed by the land's owner....

It most likely was The Tikis then. Back then, people traveled from all over the place to go to raves and wouldn't have known the names of that area well. It's easily understandable how they could get any area in SW Riverside county mixed up, especially back then when the population of that area was about 1/20 of what it is now.

According to this forum it was "in temecula at the INDIAN RESERVATION"
http://junglescene.com/forums/topic-1-61474-Re__memory_lane____.html

I seem to remember something about a rave being at The Tikis II. It's funny I passed by there Sat. morning to go pick up a '49 caddy motor. Looks like a bulldozer is working in the area.

I think it's a better chance that the persons clouded memory thought The Tikis was at an Indian Reservation, than an Indian Reservation actually having volcanoes, like I assume The Tikis had! I just can't imagine a rave with volcanos on the Pechanga Reservation, especially way back then.

Sven, did they rebuild the volcano at the Elsinore Tikis?

N

On 2009-03-20 13:29, Tom Slick wrote:
Anyone heard of this place? I can't seem to find any info, but I stumbled on an old raver magazine, and it lists the place as having thrown an event there back in the early 90s....The rave was held outdoors.

On an unrelated note, while looking for information regarding Tiki Ranch in Temecula, I stumbled across this...
http://www.paradisegardens.com/

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-03-20 13:40 ]

Heh, I used to rave back in the day. This would have been a cool venue to party at.

On the aside Re: Paradise Gardens: Attended a wedding there. Needs Tikis, but VERY nice! We had the Island luau and it was some good eats. Would be a lovely spot to haul a bunch of tikis to and throw an event...

Pages: 1 13 replies