Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Any Britikis up for a bit o fun??

Pages: 1 14 replies

C

Aloha Britikis!!

We'll be in London march 26-29 and plan on hitting a few of the tiki spots while we're in town. We're tentativelt thinking kukui in oxford on thursday and sugarcane on sunday(good music on sunday), but are fairly flexible this trip and would love to meet-up with the local crowd. I'll check the thread or shoot me a PM :)

I heard a rumour you might be popping by... We can't do Oxford midweek or a Sunday night due to work commitments but could possibly make a trip to London.

C

GREAT!!!
Would be fun to see you again :)
We're planning on hitting Mahiki, Vic's, Trailer Happiness, too, on Friday & Saturday - but are totally flexible on which nights & where......depending on what makes sense for the local crowd. If you all let us know what works, we'll see you there & look forward to an evening of lots of FUN!

C

Yes- I'm interested.

Friday and Saturday evenings are free for me at the moment.

CHRS

London on Friday night, March 27.
How about meeting up at TV's?

C

Works great for us. Just let us know what time works and we'll be there. Can't wait!

Hi guys
Unfortunately we won't be able to make it again as we are working at Volksworld this weekend and it is a full on weekend, so not much free time i'm affraid! Hope everyone has a great time and have a Mai Tai for us!!
Enjoy!

Aloha Gang

Sorry guys - we won't able to make it out to play this time.

Have fun.

C

I'll aim at being there for about 7.30
Will be wearing a blue Aloha shirt.

CHRIS

C

OK - Cool - I'll be in an Orange/Beige dress of vintage barkcloth & my other 1/2 will have on one of the Trader Vic's bartender-style shirts - either blue or black. See you all there!!

Count us in folks! We hope to get there around 7.30/8pm. Sian and I should be bringing a work colleague/friend who's never been to TRADER VIC's...He's in for a real treat!!! See you all there.

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Shy...I'll be driving...DOH!).

SORRY!! Count us OUT folks! Not two hours after posting I had my head down the loo throwin' up like it was going out of fashion...and the rest! It seems I have picked up the pretty virulent 'Noro Virus' which has been doing the rounds at work at it's floored me totally. It is in everyone's interest that I don't go to TRADER VIC's and spread the virus to one and all, you really WOULDN'T thank me. Have a Mai-Tai for me Caroline and have fun guys!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a glass of 'Rehydration treatment'! YUK!!).

Back to my sick bed...PANTS!

C

We will surely miss you, trader jim!!!!!! Get well soon - I hope it is one of those bugs that passes quickly!

But I do also thank you for not passing along your lovely virus to us before we get onto our airplane headed home!!!

Airplane + nasty puking virus = NO FUN!!

Get well soon!!!!

C

A big MAHALO to all who made it out for a fun night at Trader Vic's!!!

Great fun, as always :D

On 2009-03-27 11:45, croe67 wrote:

...Airplane + nasty puking virus = NO FUN!!

Get well soon!!!!

Glad you all had a great time at TRADER VIC's, it is difficult not to mind! It's definitely the jewel in our tiki crown...that and Hoa Hakananai'a!

Actually Caroline - Anywhere + nasty puking virus = NO FUN!!

Feeling a bit perkier now, so it's back to the grindstone tomorrow.

Have a safe trip back home - Trader Jim (make mine a Mai-Tai and yours a Safe-Fly!).

Pages: 1 14 replies