Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Fumacius tiki_from Portugal

Pages: 1 8 replies

F

Aloha :D

Hello all TC guys..Hope you are just great.
I am from portugal, i know i am bit far of Polynesian islands, but the true is that i love Poly culture, since along ago.
I am a newbie here in Tc..I like painting, music, etc.I just wanted to show, you guys my first tiki.Its made of ficus tree , in Portugal we call it figueira.
Here i let you the images...Hope you enjoy, give advices if you know carving better than me :D.

Soon ill have a new work finished.
Cya soon guys and thankx.

Clean piece of wood, with the draw:

After some work:

The pic, of finished work:

This is the tree im talking , here i let you this picture.

[ Edited by: fumacius 2009-03-22 13:09 ]

[ Edited by: fumacius 2009-03-22 13:11 ]

L

Oi Camarada, welcome on TC, even far of the pacific ocean can carve tikis ...
Good look for your first, very expressive, although it appears to have had a little hot :roll: ...
you're on the way, vejo você!

What part of portugal do you come from?

F

Yes m8 thats true..Nowadays culture can cross ocenas very easly..
Yes, porbaly i gave him a bit to hot, as i told it is my first, im continue learning ..
Dude im from south of Portugal/ Algarve..And you ?

L

Lorraine, France, I Know a little bit Porto and the north...

B

WOW, I really don't know there Fumacius, Last time I looked Portugal was about 850 miles too far away from the islands to be able to carve tiki. Their Tiki Cops are out in your area as they hear from the ancients. You could destroy it and hope they don't come or maybe you could send it here to me along with your tools and logs. I'd Hate to see you get in trouble. What do 'ya think guys, should he try to slide thru??
Too bad too because that is one righteous looking tiki, WAY to good to slip by. Of course I was joking about the logs part!
:lol: :D: :o:

T

Nice carve. I like the headpiece. That's really different. :)

Ty dude..I tryied to worked a bit more, but i think there are some tools missing to me..
I need something to cut big parts of wood.Ive been working with a «Dremmel» , but as it is small, i have a long way to give big cuts on the wood.I toke +- 5 or 6 afternoos to make it.

On 2009-03-22 13:02, fumacius wrote:
Its made of ficus tree , in Portugal we call it figueira.

This is the tree im talking , here i let you this picture.

Hola fumacius

I've had some really good results from a few pieces of ficus that I carved. It's a great wood to work with if you can find a good sample of it.
I think we have 5-6 common varities of it out here. Here's a very large one like yours:

I'd really like that tree to die so I could get the wood from it.

Take care,
Buzzy Out!

Thats a real huge tree :D..
I could get my piece of wood from a broken branch that was in ground..Here it easy to the ficus . The hard is to get palm trees, almost all palm trees are in gardens, and public places, were i cant go get cut a piece for me.
Yes i ficus it was a +- sft wood, a bit more easy than the eucaliptus i am working now: .

[ Edited by: fumacius 2009-03-23 13:22 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies