Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Good Tiki Cocktail books

Pages: 1 3 replies

Anyone out there got a good recipe for good Tiki drinks that use Angostura bitters? This yummy tiki drink 'additive' really adds that authentic tiki taste to your beverage. I just found some recently, but am looking for a good recipe. Thanks, I'll check in soon.
Tiki Goddess

S

It sounds to me as if you need the Beachbum Berry guides. There is Beachbum Berry's Intoxica and Beachbum Berry's Grog Log. You should be able to find both on ebay. Monkey's Retreat here in Columbus, Ohio often sells them on ebay. You should also be able to order them from your local bookstore. Berry has gone out of his way to find original authentic recipes from Trader Vic's, Don the Beachcomber and all the others.

There are several recipes that call for your new pet ingredient.

Welcome to Tiki Central!

HI! thanks for the suggestions, and the radio station! I'm playing it now, and it's way cool.....love Martin Denny. Been collecting Exotica CDs for awhile now, got tons. But, it's hard to get some of them, esp. Les Baxter. Got my hubby hooked on Tiki Lounge music too. hehe.....the long range plan is to transform the whole house into a den of Tikinituity.......started with one room so far...as soon as I get pics I'll post them. Have several cool cocktail books (Trader Vic's Cookbook, Trader Dick cookbook, Tiki Drinks - 2 books.) Have to get the Beachbum Berry next. Thanks!
Tiki Goddess.

S

If you want les baxter try the Barnes and Noble site. They carry some exotica things in their stores but far more on the site.

Good luck.

Pages: 1 3 replies