Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Scorpion Bowl release party - Sunday 3/29

Pages: 1 20 replies

ALOHA!!

The long-awaited Munktiki/ Forbidden Island LIMITED EDITION custom 60oz Scorpion Bowl will be debuting this Sunday at 3pm at Forbidden Island.
Due to production delays only 25 bowls will be available on the day of. Miles will, of course, be taking first come - first served orders for the rest.

The details:

-Bowl sale starts at 3PM. Do not line up before the sun comes up. Preferably, no earlier than Noon
-One bowl per customer. No holding places in line- everyone interested in buying a bowl must be in line the whole time.
-At 2:45, numbers will be issued. Your number will guarantee you the right to buy a bowl, but not the number of the bowl.
-CASH ONLY. bowls are $150 each. PLEASE NOTE: Forbidden Island no longer has an ATM. Please make sure you have cash with you.

Special Bonus: The FIRST 20 bowls will be filled with FI's unique blend of Scorpion Bowl goodness. GRATIS. That means no extra charge, for you non-latin scholars out there.

Without further ado, we proudly present...

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2009-03-23 22:11 ]

S

ooooooh....pretty........

mysterious and nice.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

drool

Damn, I wish I was wealthy.
I'm assuming that some of those will stay on at FI, and I'll at least be able to drink from one soon?

M

oh FI why do you tempt me so?!?!

Free booze for the first 20 Bowls Sold that day? WHOA

Kill Devil Club members .. who can drink the whole bowl by themselves ?

L

Well that price is out of my range but I may slide on by on Sunday since it will be a packed house I am sure. Plus the weather should be awesome.

Beautiful bowl btw.

I've received several requests from Kill Devil members, to set aside a bowl for them. Just want to clarify that these bowls are not actually being sold by Forbidden Island. They are being produced and sold exclusively by Munktiki. I have simply licensed the name to them, as well as provided the venue for their debut. Although a limited release of 100 is planned, only 25 or so have made it through the dreaded kiln in time for the debut. I understand that Miles will be taking orders on Sunday for the rest.

See ya Sunday. Remember...1st twenty bowls come filled. That's a 60 OZ Scorpion bowl!! Good for a couple of brave souls!!

We were lucky to see them at the Munktiki factory a couple weeks ago. It's huge and very cool!
Miles was not there so we got some other goodies instead.

Can't get there until after 6:00 due to a previous commitment in SF. Anyone planning on hanging around after they purchase their bowl?

By 6pm, If I have had a whole Lava Bowl.......
I might be asleep on the patio

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Mar 27, 2009 8:23 PM

AAAARRRRGGGH!!!looks like Im going to miss out on this...
I got this project thats got a deadline and its
got me working this weekend around the Clock ..
Damn!!!

IT'S TODAY!!! Come and get 'em...

Good Going rum runner!!

Sorry I had to miss out drinking a bowl by myself, but I had other plans today and I wasn't going to be around. Maybe I can call and get put on the list for one.

I heard there were a couple left. Does anyone from outta state need a*** mug mule***?

On 2009-03-30 07:47, Haole'akamai wrote:
I heard there were a couple left. Does anyone from outta state need a*** mug mule***?

Stuckie brought some extras and has them on consignment at Forbidden Island.

Here's some pics:

The line up

"The mug weirdos" as expressed by Mai Tai's hand-gesture

Stuckie and myself taking the first sip

Mai Tai and Coco Loco get there's

60oz of pure goodness!!

K

My wife and I will be in SF the weekend after tax day. My fingers are crossed that there is one left. PLEASE?!?

Are there any of these gems left?

Thanks to our bandit making off with a couple of these on Sunday, there are only two left.

Ouch! that sucks. Very very daring I would say to lugg out one of those.

Will get you a couple more soon Mike.

K

WHEW! I just unboxed mine after getting back home from a trip to SF. A HUGE thanks to Mike and the staff at FI for holding one for me. It is now sitting on top of the livingroom bar - waiting for me to build the tiki bar in the garage.

Pages: 1 20 replies