Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

DVD of 1950s-70s Hawaii Home Movies

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

Aloha everyone!

A good friend of mine just made this DVD, and I thought many of you would like it.

It is a great collection of vintage home movies of Hawaii vacations from the 1950s-1970s. Here is the blurb about it:

Hawaii Home Movies is a selection of standard 8mm, super 8 and 16mm films from the 1950s, 60s and 70s... taken by travelers to Hawaii from all over the world... some with sound, some silent. Very little editing has been done - unless it was edited at the time, this is as it came out of the camera. All that has been done is that the film has been cleaned and repaired where needed.

As you can imagine, the quality varies, but that seems to add to the overall feel. It is great to just turn the DVD sound off, put on your favorite Martin Denny or Arthur Lyman LP and drift back into a simpler time with a mai tai. Whether it is beaches, hula, hotels, cars, or a trip around the island, there is a little something for everyone.

It is 60 minutes, all region and only $20.

I have them for sale now on my site:
http://www.tabooisland.com/servlet/the-260/hawaii-home-movies-dvd/Detail

There is even one great drive by shot of the entrance to Don the Beachcomber.

Mahalo for looking!!!

I'm on the fence. How did you friend obtain these clips? Friends and relatives? Bulletin board solicitations? Ebay purchases? Downloads from YouTube? Stolen cameras?

More details please.

M

He has been collecting old home movies for a while, from many different sources, and all of these come from the original films.

do you take paypal on that site??

M

Yep!

His name is Rohan and I did an interview with him about the movies on my podcast...www.cocktailnation.net

[ Edited by: koopkooper 2009-03-27 21:04 ]

M

Here's a few sample screenshots.

Are there any of these DVD's left? would love to order one...

Aloha. I just purchased one of these DVDs from tabooisland.com a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they are still in stock. Haven't yet had a chance to watch it other than the first couple minutes but what I've seen of it looks great. Well worth the $20 I'd say. Hope this helps.

M
Mo-Eye posted on Tue, Oct 8, 2013 7:22 AM

Aloha!

Sorry to say that we have run out of stock on these great DVD's. :(

Mahalo!
High Chief
Taboo Island

Hey it's Rohan here from Careless Navigator... l still have Hawaii Home Movies dvd's left. $20.00 including postage to anywhere on the planet. Best way to contact me if you are interested is to PM me through Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/careless.navigator.5

Pages: 1 12 replies