Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

The annual begging for money for the MS Walk!!

Pages: 1 19 replies

Ok, this time we don't have anything as wonderful as the Queequeg mug to offer my tiki Ohana for their support for the MS Walk. All I can offer is my gratitude for supporting the MS Society in honor of my wife who is fighting this condition. Please donate at http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/jbartholomew

or sign up to raise more money by going to http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/queequeg2009 (you don't actually have to walk at the walk to raise money for the team).

I do this for Traci, who has had to struggle through losing eyesight, balance issues, fear that her cognitive functions will be affected and having to take shots every other day. The good thing is that the treatment she is on seems to be holding the MS in check and she hasn't had many new symptoms for a while.

But this is so unfair as she is the kindest hearted person I have ever met. Hell, she puts up with ME!

So even if it's just $5, every contribution makes a difference.

Here's a shot of Traci enjoying some kind of potion made at Bargoyle's Lono Lounge:

Mahalo!!

..sb

I'm rubbing my pennies together... I'll letcha know how much I can give at the first of the month.

In the mean time... BUMP!

Mahalo!
So far we have gotten several donations from TC, so thank you very much!

..sb

We are really looking forward to walking with you this year, sb. See you in a few weeks.

-Rev

[ Edited by: rev_thumper 2009-03-31 15:19 ]

Thanks Rev!

Alright, then. We (me & Mr. TofuJoe) made our contribution.

Your page says you've reached your goal, already. Is that true?

Thank you!!

I have met my personal goal, but we still have a team goal to reach of $10,000.
donations to me count toward that.

However, you can be on the Queequeg team without actually walking. Just sign up for the team, send emails to everyone you know, and the money goes to the MS Society.

Of course, it will be fun on Walk day with a bunch of folks with Hawaiian shirts and fezzes (and sunglasses thanks to the night before) so if you are in New England, join us!!

..sb

Good Luck in Your Walk! I just made my donation :)

Mahalo Karen!!

..sb

CJ

We all need to do more productive things other than getting drunk and buying tiki junk!

A big MAHALO to you too Joe!!
Thanks for the donation. :)

..sb

a couple more big donations from the Ohana today. MAHALO!!

..sb

T

I'm in too for those nice FOM folks! When's the walk? I could come cheer you on maybe?

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2009-04-11 17:11 ]

Mahalo to Tikisgrl and to Catmomma!!

The walk is April 25th in the morning. and if you are in the area on Friday the 24th, come on by my Lava Lounge (which isn't very lava-ey or loungy these days since it's for sale) for some fun with the team.

..sb

Cripes! I keep hittin' the "Cool & Current" button daily to get this thread to break the top five and I've been unsuccessful. There are some heavy hitters up there right now, I guess...

one week to the MS Walk!!

only two days until the walk!!

If you haven't pledged yet, hop to it!

..sb

Making good progress, we're almost to 90% of the team goal!

[ Edited by: rev_thumper 2009-04-24 12:24 ]

Just made a donation. Wish it could be more. Hope you have great weather for the walk.

Thanks for donating and for everyone who has been part of this!

The weather was fantastic for the Walk today. At this point, we have raised about $9135 for the MS Society. We'd like to reach $10,000 so feel free to still donate!!

.sb

Pages: 1 19 replies