Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

HAOLE KATS!!! return to the Mai Kai April 10th....

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha Everyone - Just dropping by to let everyone know that we'll be doing our thing in the Molokai Bar all night long on Friday 4/10. We're all looking forward to getting back down South, if only briefly. Come hang out with us!

Josh

Wahoo!! My favorite band back at the Mai Kai.

Andy

Break a leg guys!

Now I wish I lived closer to the Mai Kai more than I usually do!

My thoughts exactly leisure master!

Hey, are two of my favorite bands playing on the beach near Tampa Bay Saturday the 11th? We will be at the Mai Kai on the 10th to annoy.. Oh I mean cheer you on.

I am trying to talk Chip into the 5 hr drive to Tampa on Saturday morning. Acutally, I think he objects to the 5 hr drive home more.

Andy

HK

I know Paul and How will be representing the Crazed Mugs at The Suncoast Ukulele Festival on Saturday, the 11th. But I don't knnow when their set will be. Paul? How?

TJ was contacted by the organizer to see if we could make it, but I don't think anything is solid. We may be able to stop by briefly for a set on the way home from FTL...I'll post here when I know the final verdict.

Looking forward to seeing your smiling faces!

JG

Josh - you guys are featured on their site - I sent out an email to the Hukilau list to let everyone know about your performance there!

Wish I could see you guys next weekend - have a cocktail for me!

P

There is no "Paul" there is only "pablus".
There is no "How" there is only "Hot Lava".

Be that as it may - we have no idea when we're playing, what we're playing, how we're playing, why we're playing or who we're playing.

But we are playing.

Nokomis on Saturday.
We're hoping the Kats can jam with us and us with them for a little bit.
We're doing a few of our standards and a couple of brand spanking new tunes never before performed. We spanked them hard too. Real hard.

We'll probably write a couple on the way over there and maybe we'll write a few as we're performing other songs and then perform them without ever having heard them.

That's just the way we roll.

yo.

HK

Dammit...I always seem to miss the good spankings.

Well, I guess we're on then...I haven't talked to TJ in a few days, he must've received confirmation. We all figured since we'd be driving right by, why not stop and jam a bit. We'll only have a few hours, but it'll be fun to meet some new uke fanatics and do some playing.

Any TC'ers heaeded to this event?

O

I had the pleasure of hanging out and listening to various combinations of Haole Kats and Crazed Mugs a few months back, and by all means, go and hear these cats/kats whenever you can!

P
pablus posted on Sat, Apr 4, 2009 1:58 PM

I wanna go to Mai Kai.

(hopefully)

I think the Mugs go on at 6 in Nokomis... and the Kats go on at 6:01.

Or something like that...

On 2009-04-04 13:58, pablus wrote:

I wanna go to Mai Kai.

I'll have a Rum Barrel waiting for you when you get here!

Pages: 1 11 replies