Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kahiki Book?

Pages: 1 12 replies

W

Anyone know who may be writing a book on the Kahiki? An acquaintance told me a lady was in Columbus and had solicited an interview from them for a book specifically on the Kahiki. This was about a week ago; the potential interviewee has since forgotten the writer's full name.

Many people who were involved in the Kahiki are still around, including those who worked and tended bar there, those related to the primary players, and others who have proprietary knowledge. Many still have some great pictures, stories, and even recipes which have not made it into the public realm. I hope if someone is writing a book they reach out to these people: how great to capture the information before it is lost.

As of now I know some of the key people have not yet been contacted.

Just wondering, thanks for any info!

-w

i produced their necklaces and magnets that were sold out of their gift shop....i also got rip-roarin drunk there a few times....i'll be waiting by the phone for my interview.

That would be great, a book JUST about the Kahiki! If anyone would know about it, it would be Tikiskip, the keeper of many a Kahiki story and artifact. They surely must have contacted him!
And by the way, how is the book about the Chin Tiki coming along, anybody?

W

Not Skip, asked him first. They haven't even called him! Contact said writer was a female.

These might be the droids you're looking for:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21188&forum=5&vpost=258322

However, there hasn't been much word from either of them in a while. Good luck!

W

Nope, the name didn't match... pretty sure its someone else. May be a local who doesn't even hit this place!

T

Hey I will help any way I can.
But it's not hulacat this time.
Hulacat has most if not all of the info needed for a book now.
Come on Hulacat where's that book.
But hey if any one is writing a book on Kahiki I will
tell you all I know and take you round to all of the players that I know.
I do have A LOT of Kahiki stuff you can photograph.
Come on peeps write that book!!!

Greg it's time dude!
WRITE THE BOOK!!!!
Or I will help these folks beat you to it.

W

No kidding, write the book!!!

But after some digging I'm about 75% sure this is just a local using the "I'm writing a book" ploy to ferret out Kahiki junk.

Pretty sure it isn't working. :P

Was that Hulacat at the second Hula Hop?
I have her little business card somewhere...where the hell is that card?

still waiting for the phone to ring....

[ Edited by: LoungeShark 2009-04-14 19:38 ]

If the phone doesn't ring, it's me.

I would love to pick up a book all about the Kahiki. Used to go there growing up and worked across the street in HS and college. We'd devour their lunch buffet.

Every morning on my way to work, I toast the sign in front of the warehouse (though it's only with H2O - sob).

..you can say that again, lounge shark!!!....oh wait....you did!!

Pages: 1 12 replies