Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Backyard Beach a Tiki Friendly place

Pages: 1 2 replies

After I had to get rid of my apricot tree this last summer....I decided to Build a beach in the backyard....Kind of slowly redecorating the house with a Hawaiian Tiki Friendly style..

I posted this over on myspace back when I built the beach..
the link to that is below.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=83922186&blogId=432791669

For those that aren't wanting to surf on over to myspace....I post some beach pics here...
To show you what was done for the Beach Party.....As I slowly redecorate the house I'm looking for Some Tiki Ideas....I want to Monster House the place for those who remember that show...
I eventually want to put in a Tiki Bar outside ---So I'm looking for ideas and Advice.....

Here was the pre beach Party stuff...
Tiki Mugs galore

Tiki Hut

The Firepit area..

Over 6,000 lbs of sand for the beach area..

Tikied the place up a bit

More Tiki Decorations

Pineapple on a paddle (Pineappleman tribute)

Refreshments Tiki style

For pictures from the actual party
go here..

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=134477960&blogId=433314262

I'm planning on throwing another beach party at the end of Summer 2009
....Look for the Pineappleman wandering around Tiki Oasis this year

Its a start a Few Decorations on the door and in the living room

M

That looks very nice. How big of an area did you cover with sand? How much sand did you use and what kind of prep work did you do before dumping the sand? I live in the North East (Pennsylvania) and plan to build a nice size sand pit next to my concrete patio out back. Trying to figure out how much sand and how deep I need to dig the grass and dirt out and if I need to deal with drainage pipe under the sand for water flow.

Looks good. Anyone in the NE area do something like this?

Mooney in PA

Pages: 1 2 replies