Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Lemon Heart 151 in Mass?

Pages: 1 14 replies

So, after visiting approximatly 10 different stores and calling several, I found that the Mass distributer for Lemon Hart DOES NOT have any in stock and IS NOT making any orders. The 80 proof is in stock in a few places, but not many. How can I make zombies without 151 demerara? As far as I know, no place sells it in this freakin' state, period!

I should probably add that I do not know of any place online that will ship to Mass either.

[ Edited by: Carpathia 2009-04-02 12:35 ]

Did you try Kappy's? (locations vary)

C

Hmmm, never heard of Kappy's; there is one in Alewife I can get at, maybe one in Sommerville. I'm getting the feeling these will be one-off places; I found a single bottle at Federal Wine and Spirits; its apparently been sitting there for a year. One off is nice, but what about a regular supply?

Thanks Pappy!

Yes, definitely check Kappy's, the one in Saugus on Route 1 is often a good bet.

We had a drought a year or so ago and eventually stores restocked.

while not super close to Mass (depending)
There is some in Manchester Vermont - at a liquor store / deli just off Rt7 heading into Manchester VERMONT (not NH)

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 9:12 PM

I have yet to see this in Boston - but Cleve says it's around sometimes....not sure. I noticed them using something else in NYC at Death and Co which is the last zombie I had a couple weeks ago...

Mr. Ho

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2009-04-02 21:12 ]

C

I'm curious what it was Mr. Co; I live in NY when i'm not at school (soon to be in VA for the year). Any luck finding the 151 there?

On a side note, I'm thinking of picking up a bottle of the 80 proof; what is it best used for? My Flor de Cana (5 and 7 year) is running low

Try calling the Wine & Cheese Cask in Somerville. They tend to have the Lemon Hart 151. It's also sometimes at the Wine Celler in Waltham at Route 128 / Winter Street.

Gordon's on Main Street in Waltham always has the 80 proof, but for some reason never seems to have the 151.

BK

I know Kappy's in Sudbury has 151. I don't think it's Lemon Hart though. I'll be out that way again, Thursday. I'll check!

I posted this in Nov 2008 (also, my girfriend's sister picked me up a bottle of LH 151 at Framingham Liquors on Rt 9 in Framingham for Christmas)

As of Saturday Nov 15th, Wine Cellars of Saline in Waltham MA had about 15+ bottles of Lemon Hart 151 left - two rows deeply stocked... and this was after my hoard-mentality purchase. They didn't have the normal proof, but I can find that alot easier where I live.

Good luck!

Kappy's on Route 1 in Saugus had three bottles this weekend.... at least until we blew through there with leisure master and bargoyle.

We'll have to wait and how long it takes to re-stock.

T

When in town for the Tiki Luau at Eastern Standard a coupla weeks ago (a sublime event...you should been there), Br. Cleve led me to Liquor World on the way to his pad in Dorchester, where I found not only the 80 proof Lemon Hart (a major score, as we NJ folks normally have to "order out" for it...like, to California!) but ALSO the Lemon Hart 151! Yessss!!

While there, we also picked up a lovely amber rum from Thailand called Meikong... recommended to all!

-Dennis

If you can't find LH-151 anywhere, you can order it online from Cask: http://www.caskstore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lemon+hart

Just picked up a bottle at Julio's Liquors on Rte. 9 in Westboro. They had plenty.

I picked up two bottles of Lemon Hart 151 at Kappy's on Route 1 this past Sunday. They still had more..

Cheers!

Rick

Pages: 1 14 replies