Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BUFF goes Goth

Pages: 1 5 replies

B

Hi ALL !! I would first like to thank Kirby as the original artist of his Tiki called Skullkeeper for my inspiration (or shameless copying) and guide from photos in Tiki Central. Here is the first picture I took even though it is almost finished.

Note the WEBER TIKE carving station. LOL

I think the original was small so Kirby I can't take this one to the beach to take a picture.

You can only do this on a hard wood palm as this one was.

OK! OK I will admit I cheated (a little bit). I forgot the ears. So I ran to the craft store and got some basswood and then glued them on. AHHHHHHH! I feel better already.

More pictures to come. KEEP YOUR CHISELS SHARP AND BANDAIDS CLOSE

BUFFBAD
FINALLY FINISHED

Pics by my favorite pool (not mine QQ).

Thanks again for the many supportive messages. BUFFBAD

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2009-04-09 03:57 ]

L

Although everyone feeds off each other on here and in the art world in general I would much rather see YOUR ideas than a copy of a carving by Kirby. ( or Bowana or Alientiki for that matter)

One thing that keeps me checking the tiki crafts/carvings threads out is always seeing a new piece come out of someone's imagination and onto wood or paper or clay, etc

You can obviously carve and know what makes a good tiki proportion wise and detail wise and I would just like to see you post more of your original ideas/work in the future.

The best part of art is that there is so many perspectives when it comes to creating it. I would be interested in seeing more of your perspective :)

S

Right on! nice and creative. I see the
eye area is hollow man nice work.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Apr 6, 2009 7:38 PM

If your gonna copy me at least wait till im rich and famous so it doesnt hurt as much, and at that time I may be worthy of a tribute.Although I appreciate you liking my design enough to copy it. I agree with leleliz, but i will let you off the hook if you carve on the back of that tiki.(Kirby is my favorite tiki carver and I copied this from him}Also rename this thread (I copied kirby's tiki)..mahalo
kavakava skullkeeper by kirby (photo by tikimango)

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-04-07 00:50 ]

B
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.