Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

5/10/09 Martini King's Show CANCELED

Pages: 1 7 replies

TT

CANCELED WATCH FOR NEW DATE AND LOCATION
Camp Burlesque featuring the music of The Martini Kings.
Sunday /Mothers Day May 10th
This is a play/stripshow Tony wrote which features music by The Martini Kings that has been choreographed and includes many Tiki numbers!
The show includes a cast of 12 Burlesque Dancers, a Magician, a comic and The Martini King's very own Tony as narrator.
Admission only 10 bucks.
Check this out for more info: http://www.myspace.com/campburlesque

Info from Tony of the Martini Kings
http://www.martinikings.net

[ Edited by: Tiki Teach 2009-04-23 01:06 ]

These guys are UNPROFESSIONAL. Just got back from the "9pm" show at the El Cid (the time is on their flyer and officially on this website). After driving, parking and getting to the venue to see the show and support the Martini Queens (yes I demoted them), I found out that they are not scheduled to go on until "10 or 10:30 or so" (according to the only guy at the place that knew anything). He said their "promoter would know more but he was not there yet". So, I left and will NOT support this group until they can become PROFESSIONAL and show respect for us. It's not so hard to change the time on a website. I get that things come up...but come on guys, be PROFESSIONAL.

I was planning on going tonight,
but after many hours at D-land today,
I'm beat.

as for time for the show.
Its a very common practice of venues and bands to say the show is at 9pm.
when its actually later.
they want you to come and eat, and drink, and then the show will be shortly after.

besides if you got there at 10:30 and parking was a problem,
and there was nowhere to sit.
you'd probably have bitched about that too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Show canceled watch for new date and location.

TM

On 2009-04-19 21:45, MoaiMarcus wrote:
These guys are UNPROFESSIONAL. Just got back from the "9pm" show at the El Cid (the time is on their flyer and officially on this website). After driving, parking and getting to the venue to see the show and support the Martini Queens (yes I demoted them), I found out that they are not scheduled to go on until "10 or 10:30 or so" (according to the only guy at the place that knew anything). He said their "promoter would know more but he was not there yet". So, I left and will NOT support this group until they can become PROFESSIONAL and show respect for us. It's not so hard to change the time on a website. I get that things come up...but come on guys, be PROFESSIONAL.

Unbelievable that you would come to this forum and do this. And on your second post, even. Reeks of spamming, trolling, whatever you want to call it. What a total dick you are. The Martini Kings are awesome.

Do you not go to shows often? This happens all the time. My husband's band starts, on average, about an hour late every time. Shit happens.
We love the Martini Kings!

Terra
[email protected]

TM

On 2009-04-23 08:51, Swangulo Tikis wrote:

Do you not go to shows often? This happens all the time. My husband's band starts, on average, about an hour late every time. Shit happens.
We love the Martini Kings!

Terra
[email protected]

You totally have to question the motives here. Every band I have ever been in has started later then what we said, be it 15 minutes or an hour. it's standard practice. You wait until there is a bigger crowd.

No this smells rotten, and smells like some sort of personal vendetta.

Wow, someone needs to get out more often. 10:00 start for a 9:00 show sounds pretty good to me. As far as I know the El Cid serves cocktails, that first hour or so is drinking time! Oh wait, are you in some sort of rival lounge band that has "beef" with the Martini Kings? I'm gonna have to agree with Lucas V. on this one. Tony and the Martini Kings are awesome.

Pages: 1 7 replies