Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Kon 2009 : Tiki Speakeasy : Aug 7 - 9 : Tickets now on sale!!

Pages: 1 2 75 replies

M

Save the date!

Tiki Kon 2009: Tiki Speakeasy kicks off this year from August 7th -- August 9th in Portland Oregon.

EDIT: TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE!

http://www.TikiKon.Com

cmh

Craig 'Melintur' Hermann
Colonel Tiki's Drinks

[ Edited by: Melintur 2009-07-14 07:58 ]

Finally! I don't have to keep my mouth shut on the dates anymore! I've had this in my calendar since the begining of Feb.

RB

Kupcake, you're SUPPOSED to keep your mouth shut...it's a speakeasy! Now the cops will know! :lol:

T

I just wanted to mention the myriad of ways you can keep abreast of the Tiki Kon news:

Tiki Kon Official Website
Facebook Page
Twitter
NW Tiki Mailing List

That should be enough info for even our most devoted fans!

Oh, I thought Speakeasy meant it was easy to talk about....

P

SOOOOOOO......
Anything?
Anyone?
"Buehler...Beuhler....?"
Is this event a go, or an "uhhhm, I'll get back to you?"

K

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw TikiKon pass out at Thatch last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

T

The event is a gogogo! I think it will be our best yet, actually! Sorry we have been late with the details but there will be some definite movement very soon on website, schedule, ticket info, etc.

I can't wait! Who else is going to be there?

K

I will be there 100% and my wife may actually join me. Can't wait to meet the locals - and anyone that may make the trek in from out of town.

Me and the usual Parkrose Heights suspects.

K

Parkrose Heights? I'm just down the hill in Parkrose - a few blocks from the Astro and the Kamani.

P

We be dere' too!
Any Ideas as to where to stay in the area?
Lopaka and I are driving down from the Kenmore/Seattle area...Room for 2 more in the back if you need a ride...(Sweetpea, you out there?)

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-06-15 16:46 ]

you can stay at the Jupiter on burnside, it's pretty centrally located and has a really cool modern feel and look. or, just down from the Alibi lies the Palms motor inn! it's kinda sketchy, but the neon sign is rad!

T

Hey Everybody! Things are a little wacky in TK land, as we've had some setbacks. But we are the Little Event That Could so it is not going to stop us! It could, however, move us. We are considering bumping the event out a week (to Aug 7-9). I know this puts us dangerously close to Tiki Oasis, but we have to change venues so it might be unavoidable.

How do all y'all feel about this? Obviously this is not our first option, but I think it would be better to move it and have a great venue than to keep it the same date and have a inferior venue. Hopefully letting you know this early will help.

If it is changed to that weekend, I and AceyTiki will not be able to attend. We will have already left for Tiki Oasis by that time. I know of about 10 other ppl that also would not be able to attend on that date.

Fine with me. Most PNW TC'ers I've spoken to are not attending Oasis.

On 2009-06-13 10:56, KeithH wrote:
Parkrose Heights? I'm just down the hill in Parkrose - a few blocks from the Astro and the Kamani.

Hey Neighbor! The Lowbrow Lanai and the Sandy Bottom are nestled between 108th & Knott.

It would be 50/50 as if we would attend the weekend of the 7-9th because Jake the Alligator Man's birthday party is on the 8th in Longview, WA.

T

I don't know about this mythical Alligator Man, but there is still the rest of the weekend!

On 2009-06-24 13:57, TikiMama wrote:
I don't know about this mythical Alligator Man, but there is still the rest of the weekend!

Hee hee!

RB

Still OK with me, for what it's worth :)

P

Lopaka-ra, and I should be able to make it, too..It's one of my birthday weekends (August 12 kinda falls in the middle this year), and I can't think of a better way to celebrate!

RB

So...is the date change a "go" or what?

Looks like it is. You can scratch me and 10 others off the list. Already worked the summer events around the first weekend and it won't work to shift it around. AceyTiki and I will be at Forbidden Island when Tiki Kon kicks off. Have fun!

T

August 7-9 is a go! Thanks everyone for your support, I realize that moving the date is a big pain. It is for us, too, and it certainly wasn't our plan.

Stay tuned for details to go live this week!

I am sorry for everyone that can't make it, I hope to see you next year for Tiki Kon VIII: Circus of Tiki

maybe it is time for a visit.....

RB

Here's the Tiki Kon schedule...looks great!

http://nwtiki.com/schedule.html

Tickets not on sale yet...I understand a few of the organizers are off cavorting at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans. :wink:

Yeah, they are. The ticket page says tickets would be available in a day or two. That was over a week ago though. :P

T

Craig and I are in New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail! Sorry we didn't get the ticket page up in time, we get home on Sunday.

K
KeithH posted on Wed, Jul 8, 2009 4:50 PM

I'm just glad there are details up. I can wait a bit longer to part with my money. :)

Looking forward to meeting the locals.

M

We are home from the land of Cocktailia and the Sazerac.

Tickets are now on sale! Go forth and get into the speakeasy!

http://www.tikikon.com

M

And you don't need a paypal account; just click "continue" on the left side when you get to paypal and you won't have to log in or anything.

cmh

I got mine! (Still working on a friend or two.)

I'll be there!

After a two year hiatus, I'm looking forward to seeing Portland and all the wonderful people that make this such a perfect event!

On 2009-06-30 23:11, mrsmiley wrote:
maybe it is time for a visit.....

I hope you decide to come this year!

I'm In!
I'll be bringing some of my mugs to vend, too!
Can't wait for the Portland event of the year!

P

So will the dress be more tiki or speakeasy?

T

For Saturday night Tiki Speakeasy I would say let your imagination free! What would Depression/Prohibition era tiki look like? Or if you run out of time (I suspect this will be me!) then just wear whatever tiki gear fits. But I would love to see some variations on the theme! Don't forget appropriate footwear, you know how strongly I feel about that.

Another note about Saturday night: we are encouraging everyone to call and make reervations if you would like to be guaranteed a table at Tony Starlight. You only are required to spend $10 on food or cocktails (and I know you people, you'll do that in the first 10 minutes!). You'll get a better seat that way, right next to the stage!

M

Yes, I hear rumors that there will be a fashion/fancy dress contest/competition on Saturday night with prizes. You know those rumor mongers.

K

Sending email to my wife right now to tell her that if she even tries to wear her crocs I will leave her at home. GAWD I hate those things! One of these days she's going to go looking for those things only to find them melted to a pile of goo in the aftermath of a ceremonial burning to release the deamons.

RB

That ceremonial burning pile of goo might be closer than you think...see bottom of page 5 on this thread!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21421&forum=1&start=60

M

We're about 1/2 way to sold out! Get your tickets while you can:

http://www.tikikon.com

K

Thanks for the reminder. I just snagged my tickets. Can't wait!

RD

Tiki Speakeasy! Yaaay!

Should be a swell weekend of high concept alcoholism. It's sad that we're losing some folks due to "Oasis adjacency". Katie and I are really looking forward to reconnecting with the NW polynesiacs. The Demons don't get out much these days.

Those of us who DO show up are in for a treat. Katie and I have been to Tony Starlight's before, and that guy walks the walk. I am once again psyched about touring the usual amazing home bars and quaffing world class cocktails mixed by Portland's finest barkeeps.

And let's not forget the goodies! According to Craig, there's tons of good stuff in the raffle. Including FOUR new mugs from yours truly. Four #1 mugs. Yep. We don't sell on eBay anymore, so what's a fair price for a #1 mug? Give it away, that's what we say.

Rum Demon will also be setting up a humble table in the corner. Yes, it will our first vending experience. We'll be premiering FOUR new mugs, a shot glass, various festive wares I've been messing around with, and a few sophisticated surprises for pop. We'll also be hauling in the regular band of ceramic misfits you've come to know and love, all at discounted black market speakeasy prices.

Now... what to wear what to wear....

-Joe

M

We've just added the option to purchase tickets for individual events at the 'Kon -- Say you can only attend Sunday's home crawl? No problem: There's a ticket for you. Only can do Saturday? Easy: We have tickets for each half of Saturday broken out.

We're getting close to the end of tickets available so if you've been waiting, wait no more!

cmh

RB

One week away...woo hoo! Weather forecast looks a lot more moderate than this past week's heat wave.

Question on vendors: cash only, or do some take plastic?

RB

Looks like I will be solo on Saturday night at Tony Starlight's. Any one have an extra seat at their table? I'll buy the first round!

RD

Thanks for the heads up, Rum Balls. Excellent point. NO, at least Katie and I aren't set up to accept plastic. Cash or check only. There's a B of A just up and across the street from Tony Starlights plus a Wells Fargo and Chase just a bit further along Sandy.

Little bird on my shoulder suddenly saying we could maybe use paypal. If Tony has WiFi, we could bring our laptop and make it happen. Hmmm.... Suddenly I have need for an iPhone. Scary.

Craig, WiFi?

-Joe

Pages: 1 2 75 replies