Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Old Tropics Motel For Lease in Modesto

Pages: 1 24 replies

Found this posting on craigslist today...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bfs/1105906165.html

Excellent property for investment purposes. The hotel is centrally located 90 miles from Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Sacramento and Fresno.
There are a wide variety of restaurants and several shops located in the area. Tiki Cocktails is located on the premises and serves fantastic cocktails from 2 P.M. to 2 A.M. Guests of this Modesto hotel will enjoy many superior amenities including free coffee and breakfast everyday, free local calls, free high speed wireless internet and outdoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate access to a fax machine. There are 60 rooms (upgraded to meet AAA standards)which have an occupancy rate of %70. Its monthly sales are between 40,000 and 45,000. The monthly rent is $10,000. The lease is for 20 years. There is a franchise fee of $1800.00 per month. The price is $600,000. Call Lionel at 510 377-4955 or e-mail [email protected] for more info.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Anyone want to go in on it?

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-04-06 11:16 ]

Hooptylau Returns!

LT

A franchise fee? Is the motel associated with a chain?

i like how tiny the photos are on craigslist, so you cant see the signs in the motel windows like this one:

or this one:

and yep, the tropics is a "rodeway inn".

LT

On 2009-04-06 12:21, tikicleen wrote:
i like how tiny the photos are on craigslist, so you cant see the signs in the motel windows like this one:

or this one:

and yep, the tropics is a "rodeway inn".

What happens to their 70% occupancy rate if those policies are enforced?

Hmm...just a guess, but one would think to comply with a AAA rating those signs have probably been removed. Last time I was down there for a visit, they were doing some pretty extensive remodeling...wonder if this place is still Section 8 housing?

PTD

LT

Yeah, I can't see those signs being good for business. Has the State been using the hotel as a halfway house of some sort?

UB

The Tweakers moved to the Chalet (next to Minnies) with Mr Smiley.

well, this sure won't help in selling the place....
http://cbs13.com/local/modesto.stabbing.suspect.2.991689.html

Apr 23, 2009 5:26 am US/Pacific

Mom Killed In Front Of Her Kids At A Modesto MotelSACRAMENTO (CBS13) ¯

Authorities are searching for a suspect who allegedly stabbed and killed a woman at a Modesto motel early Wednesday morning.

The Modesto Police Department has identified 38-year-old Erick John Vogel, a Waterford resident, as the suspect in a murder at the Rodeway Inn on McHenry Avenue. Police found a woman in her 20s suffering from knife wounds just after 2:20 a.m. in one of the motel rooms, and she was pronounced dead at the hospital.

The victim's two children were in the room at the time, but they were not harmed. Authorities believe the murder is a case of domestic violence, since Vogel and the victim had children.

Vogel allegedly fled the scene and smashed through a chain link fence with his car.

Detectives say Vogel may be driving a black 1991 Nissan Maxima with California license plate 5XDF473.

Anyone with information on the case can call the Modesto Police Department at (209) 572-9500 or remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. You can also text tips to 274637 and type "TIP704" along with the message.

it is always alarming to wake up to the morning news with images of modesto's tropics hotel tikis along with crime tape. the part where they mention that he smashed through the chain link fence indicates that he drove through it to zoom by the tiki lounge to make the escape.

Good grief!

No Tiki Tweekers please!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I had to google "tweakers"

On 2009-04-23 15:28, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

sigh Indiana sounds so nice. We have a house full of them across the street. I guess they are not all bad, any old furniture or computer equipment you leave out at the curb disappears immediately.

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2009-04-23 15:40 ]

T

Tweakers suck.

Then again...maybe I should make the band take a bunch of speed before a gig, ride in on a bunch of BMX bikes with our shirts off, and play...

Ladies and gentlemen....The Tweakiyaki Orchestra

OK...maybe not.

On 2009-04-23 15:40, Jason Wickedly wrote:

On 2009-04-23 15:28, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

sigh Indiana sounds so nice. We have a house full of them across the street. I guess they are not all bad, any old furniture or computer equipment you leave out at the curb disappears immediately.

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2009-04-23 15:40 ]

Stuff left at the curb is one thing...when I was an apartment dweller they stole my bike, my DISHTOWELS out of the community dryer and my doormat!

L

there is a reason why Modesto is referred to as METH-desto

no that is SLAAAAAAAAAAAYER!!!

get it right man
Jeff(bigtikidude)

here is a member of Tweekiyaki Orchestra

Oh come on, that's a Slayer fan if I've ever seen one!

(I should know, we smell our own :))

L

How sad where this thread has gone.

TT

On 2009-04-23 22:30, bigtikidude wrote:

Please tell me that is not Mark E. Smith?? If so, he really looks baaaad.

T

On 2009-04-24 07:44, ted tiki wrote:

On 2009-04-23 22:30, bigtikidude wrote:

Please tell me that is not Mark E. Smith?? If so, he really looks baaaad.

It is, and yes he does.

T

Isn't that the singer from the Pogues ?

Oh, sorry, this guy has more teeth. :o

Pages: 1 24 replies