Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Farm or not Tiki Farm

Pages: 1 8 replies

I received this moai soap dish/ashtray? as a gift several years ago.
Never paid much attention to it, but recently I realized that it was a lot nicer than I thought and now I´m curious about its origins.
It seems somewhat“Tiki Farmish” to me but can´t find no marks (the price tag is still on the bottom).
Any help?

J

Doesn't seem at all Tiki-farmish to me. Tiki Farm's work is much cleaner and I don't think Holden would even send something out with the messy glaze and obvious scratches in the clay itself. Almost looks homemade to me.

T

Definitely Tiki Farm.

It should have a very faint marking on the back "Tiki Farm 2001."

It was part of a set. I've got the soap dish, toothbrush holder and the soap dispenser. Squid designed them.

Edited to add image.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Kate 2009-04-07 16:57 ]

R

i concur--definitely tiki farm

J

Oooh, so those are intentional flaws. My bad!

On 2009-04-07 16:42, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Definitely Tiki Farm.

It should have a very faint marking on the back "Tiki Farm 2001."

It was part of a set. I've got the soap dish, toothbrush holder and the soap dispenser. Squid designed them.

Edited to add image.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Kate 2009-04-07 16:57 ]

Muchas gracias a todos!.
You are right . Not easy to see, but it´s marked on the back.
From now on you can call me Mr. Magoo instead of Mr. Naufrago.
I´m going right now to call the person who bought it for me and re-thank her.

I loved these. I have seen the soap dish in a shop and it was a little rough. If it was a little cleaner and was ever sold again I would buy it Makedamug.

Here's the Soap Dish In Action on the counter in the Tiki Farm restroom.

I forget I even own one of these, its just always there holding my soap. When I first started collecting tiki mugs, my wife bought me the toothbrush holder and soap dish because "its nice to have something other than mugs and at least you'll use them" and she's right they get used every day.

Pages: 1 8 replies