Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hand-blown, tiki shot glasses out of Mexico

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hi All,

I work with artisan glass factory out of Hidalgo, Mexico and would like to find out if there's sufficient interest in one of our particular pieces, a 50ml hand-blown tiki shot glass, for us to export to the US/worldwide.

Production cost per shot is $0.95usd, any color in small volumes if necessary.

Please get in touch for further details - equally, your comments/suggestions on on the glass will be much appreciated.

Saludos,
Tiki1068

First of all, there are no Tiki GLASSES out there, so that is good for you and your idea.

To assess this sample though, it would help to get more, in-focus shots from various sides of it. The design is interesting, as far as I can tell.

Then: If the glass is intended for use, not only as a collectible, the Tiki community members I know imbibe their liquor two ways: Either as cocktails, in Mai Tai tumblers and other large glasses and Tiki mugs, or if as pure alcohol, rum from sipping glasses, which are larger and a little wider than shot glasses, usually. This one strikes me as a little too narrow for sipping.

But if the glasses are pretty enough and not too expensive, they will find buyers in any form. Just don't ask me about numbers. :)

the generic beer bottle green seems to be too light a tint (at least from the picture) to really bring out the details. maybe try a darker tint? if the production costs are only 95 cents why not send a bunch of em out at cost to people as samples?

A

I don't know, won't it be a darker tint once you put some dark rum in it?

Regarding glasses, I hope you won't just do shot glasses. I'd love to see some full size glasses like this.

I would by alot of them to resale locally if offered.

T

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone. Here's what a darker colored shot looks like (Tikiauction, I agree, it does look more striking than bottle green).

I honestly hadn't thought about producing bigger glasses/cups, but I'm open to any suggestions/designs you have in mind.

As a sipping glass, the narrow rim obviously sends liquid straight down the centre of the tongue, so I guess this is not ideal for rum lovers who like to involve more taste buds! (Originally, the piece was designed for shooters).

T

Nice! I like them... If you have a few other designs and an assortment of colors that would be great.. I've met many people that collect just shots and a glass tiki shot would be different..
Good Luck!

I like them a lot, I like the different colors idea too

Amy

Don Julio in a tiki shot? Nothin but. I covet thee.

H

These look very similar to the glass tikis in the Voodoo Tiki Tequila, do you make those too?

T

On 2009-04-13 05:01, cheekytiki wrote:
These look very similar to the glass tikis in the Voodoo Tiki Tequila, do you make those too?

Yes, they are based on the very same tiki! (The only difference being the bottle tiki is solid, not hollow.) We regularly get emails from Voodoo Tiki Tequila fans about where to get more of these shot glasses, and wanted to see whether a wider audience (especially tiki collectors and suppliers) would like these made available for purchase.

Please let me know if this piece is something your clients in UK/Europe would be interested in!

Here's a clip of one being made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZtTAmBaMI

[ Edited by: Tiki1068 2009-04-13 07:09 ]

T

Now available to buy online, in the US!
http://www.voodootiki.com/tikigear.html

For wholesale enquiries, please email [email protected]

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions on this thread - much appreciated.

T

For bulk shipping out of Mexico, please contact me directly - colors available are red. green and blue.

Price per box (30 shot glasses/50ml): $75.00usd,

Saludos,
Julian McWatt
[email protected]

P
phinz posted on Sat, Jun 19, 2010 8:43 PM

I like mine. Here are the ones that I have in Ooga-Mooga

T

Glad to see you've got the full set!

Pages: 1 15 replies