Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA - Luau at the Lake - Room Crawl Sign Up and Schedule UPDATED! pg.1 & pg 3

Pages: 1 41 replies

Here is the final Room Crawl list. Promises to be a BLasT!

2:00 - 5:00
Primo Kimo's Wiki Wiki Aloha Room - Scorpion Bowl and Old Spice

6:00 - 7:30
Voodoo Room feat. leisure master and Birdgirl - Black Voodoo
Blue Lory in Hi-Fi present "Portable Primativa" feat. Martiki-bird, Tabuzak, Kiki Tiki, Fang, Suzanne

• Hawaii Kai Treasure and Big Island Firebird
    Tiki Mortis - The Loa
    Kon-Tiki Chapter of the FOM feat. Hep, Gig, Swizzle, SufferinSimon, HulaZombie and Hi Fi Hijinx - Miehanna

8:30 - 10:00
dcman - Painkiller
The Kokoru Chapter of the FOM feat. rugbymatt and the Tikipugs - Kokoru Punch and Pugalicious
Stephanie - Jungle Juice and Artillery Punch
Tiki Trader's Coconut Bar feat. Velveteen Lounge, Captain Quad, Rev Thumper and Kristiki - The Playboy and Tiki Trader

11:30 - 1:00 the Time Slot of Mystery???
Rapscallion - ???
Johnman, Rain - ???
The Kahiki Chapter of the FOM feat. Manatiki - Kahiki Warclub

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2009-09-15 07:44 ]

[ Edited by: primo kimo 2009-09-16 10:28 ]

How about if I reply here AND PM you? :wink: Velveteen Lounge, Captain Quad, Rev Thumper and Kristiki are IN for one room!

Count me in! The Exotic Island Lounge will be open!
The drink menu will be provided shortly.
All are welcome!

Your favorite classic TV shows will be running in 16mm glory.
Hawaiian Eye, Mod Squad, Hawaii 5-0, Batman and more!

Our room will be open! Drink selection forthcoming, once I emerge from the libation lab.

The Kokoru Chapter of the FOM will be hosting out of my room.

D
dcman posted on Fri, Jun 5, 2009 3:31 AM

how many folks are coming?

dcman

PK

The schedule of events is almost finalized. I will post the Room Crawl Host list hopefully sometime this weekend.

Primo - count Birdgirl and me in for a crawl room.

Is anybody interested in co-hosting a room? I have a killer drink but cannot serve out of my own room as it may potentially be occupied. I provide the beverages, you provide the ambiance.

D
dcman posted on Fri, Jun 5, 2009 5:47 PM

what time is the room crawl? I'm not rolling in until the evening.

dcman

You can see the entire schedule for the weekend here:

http://www.luauatthelake.com/id9.html

The room crawl is happening in three waves.

D
dcman posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 6:35 AM

cool! thanks!

That's certainly not the first time I didn't see something that was right in front of me. Hey, do I hear a truck?

dcman

That's okay! The schedule is a fairly recent addition. :lol:

RR

Since I am coming from the West Coast, someone can serve drinks in my room
as long as they provide the supplies I will be happy to assist

RUM RUNNER,

I PM'd you.

D
dcman posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 5:51 PM

I'm willing to serve drinks during the Friday night crawl - 8:30-10:00 if you need someone. I just need to know around how many people will be attending so I can prepare.

We'll provide cups or bring your own mug.......

dcman

I just need to know around how many people will be attending so I can prepare.

We'll know better later in the summer but if both shows sell out there will be over 200 attendees.

D
dcman posted on Mon, Jun 8, 2009 11:47 AM

damn, I'm gonna need a bigger ice bucket........

dcman

B

Its only June and we're well on our way to selling this thing out.

As a crawl host, how much you do is up to you. Bring what you feel comfortable with, and when you're done, you close your doors.

You have an hour and a half window. If you only stay open for an hour of it, so be it.

We're all doing this out the Aloha we want to spread to our fellow Ohana. No one expects you to serve EVERY guest (although some of our hosts will try!! lol ), and its part of the reason why we have multiple rooms open at the same time. We spread the crawlers out so no one room gets swamped, and "share the load" as it were.

Put out a tip jar, and pour drinks until time or booze runs out. (We do ask that when your time is up, you please shut down so other hosts can have their turn...and the bands will be playing too!!)

Rooms are also encouraged to re-open after the crawl is finished if they wish, but again, this is all at the discretion of the host.

And remember to get a few folks to help you, so they can take over for a few minutes & you can go get a peek at the other rooms open during your time-block!

If its anything like the NETT was last year, the room crawl is going to be one of the HIGHLIGHTS of Ohana!!

The schedule is finalized and it is time for the sign up officiale. Please post or PM me with your desired time slot and offering.

T

Martiki-Bird and I will be hosting a room. Please add us to the list.

Hi, Primo! Just sent you a PM on FOM, but the Velveteen Lounge/Captain Quad/Rev Thumper/Kristiki room would like the second time slot and we'll let you know ASAP what cocktail we'll be pouring, but it will either be an original or an obscure old drink, so no worries about duplication. We're not making mai tais! Thanks!

D
dcman posted on Tue, Jun 16, 2009 4:09 AM

Would anyone be interested in co-hosting a room with my wife and I? We can handle some or all of the drink materials, but this is my first event like this and it's pretty obvious that folks decorate their rooms in some fashion. Given that I'm completely in the dark about what is customary, so I'm looking for a partner.

dcman

Aloha Primo! (Sorry if this is a repeat post.)

The Blue Lory is once again planning to host a room. Please add tabuzak and I (martiki-bird) to the room crawl host list please.

We'd like the 6:00-7:30 slot. I see now that there is a limit to the number of rooms for the crawl, so if we can't do the (very, very much preferred) first slot, we'll take the last one.

We'll be serving Hawaii Kai Treasures and our original punch. :)

Mahalo and cheers,

Gina

Hey Primo - I also posted on FOM about this.

Birdgirl and I will be open during the first slot.

Drink TBD, but most likely something original or modified so the BBB books are still wide open for selections.

T

On 2009-06-18 08:08, Martiki-bird wrote:
Aloha Primo! (Sorry if this is a repeat post.)

The Blue Lory is once again planning to host a room. Please add tabuzak and I (martiki-bird) to the room crawl host list please.

We'd like the 6:00-7:30 slot. I see now that there is a limit to the number of rooms for the crawl, so if we can't do the (very, very much preferred) first slot, we'll take the last one.

We'll be serving Hawaii Kai Treasures and our original punch. :)

Mahalo and cheers,

Gina

I vote for loosening up the three room per slot limit. I'm not sure you want me mixing drinks that late. :wink:

Please put us down for 6:00 to 7:30.

Jack

D
dcman posted on Thu, Jun 18, 2009 4:19 PM

Just got some good news - In a addition to being a tiki obsessive like the rest of you, I've also written for Bachelor Pad Magazine (Issue #7/Spring 09, Your First Drink With a Burlesque Dancer). Java, editor and publisher, has been kind enough to offer to send copies of the magazine to hand out to room crawl attendees as a promotion while we're hosting (first come first served, I doubt I'll have close to enough for everyone). Any burlesque dancers out there who want to hang out with my wife and I during the crawl and sign copies?

dcman

B

Or if any burlesque dancers wanna hang with me in the heart shaped jacuzzi tub after the room crawl, just pm me. :wink:

lol

Great news dcman!! I think Java is hitting us up with some stuff for the swag bags as well.

We're getting all sorts of great donations for swag & silent auction & raffle items.

Big announcements to come soon!!!

D
dcman posted on Fri, Jun 19, 2009 3:31 AM

Java did tell me that swag bags will be stocked with Bachelor Pad Magazine! I will be handing out copies in addition to this. I haven't met a BPM fan yet who only wanted one!

Can't wait for the announcements! This get together is just getting better and better!

dcman

[ Edited by: dcman 2009-06-19 05:10 ]

D

Is it possible to post an updated room crawl schedule? I'm sincerely hoping I'm not the only one hosting 8:30-10:00!

Also, still hoping for a burlesque dancer to hang out ! Anyone out there?

dcman

D

Is it possible to post an updated room crawl schedule? I'm sincerely hoping I'm not the only one hosting 8:30-10:00!

Also, still hoping for a burlesque dancer to hang out ! Anyone out there?

dcman

Dcman, it looks like Primo's keeping the first post in this thread updated with host info.

On that note, I'm hoping to commit soon. Still working on Mz. Pineapple.

We're also hoping for the 8:30 time slot. It sounds like a lot of people want to host, so you won't be alone!

D
dcman posted on Tue, Jun 23, 2009 1:54 PM

Whew! That's a relief! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, but was trying to figure out how I was going to keep 200+ people in alcohol. No small feat!

dcman

B

You wont be all alone dcman, not to worry.

And hosting is a great way to meet, well, pretty much EVERYONE!!!

As we have no BurlyQ acts as part of Ohana, I'm not sure how many dancers we're going to get just as guests.

However, I know more than a few beautiful tiki girls who own killer boots and might be talked into go-go dancing while the bands perform... especially after a few crawl rooms!!

you know who you are. :wink: lol

Okay...NOW we have finally finalized the final finalization of the schedule and I am currently compiling the room crawl schedule. I will enter all the request as received over the past several months.

As of right now the crawl will be broken down into the three time slots and rooms will be open for the entire 1.5 hour slot (or as supplies allow). If there is a significant increase in the number of hosts we may need to break things up differently (but still in your desired time slot).

bye for now.

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2009-06-28 11:22 ]

Here is the final Room Crawl list. Promises to be a BLasT!

2:00 - 5:00
Primo Kimo's Wiki Wiki Aloha Room - Scorpion Bowl and Old Spice

Voodoo Room feat. leisure master and Birdgirl - Black Voodoo
Blue Lory in Hi-Fi present "Portable Primativa" feat. Martiki-bird, Tabuzak, Kiki Tiki, Fang, Suzanne

Tiki Mortis - The Loa
    Kon-Tiki Chapter of the FOM feat. Hep, Gig, Swizzle, SufferinSimon, HulaZombie and Hi Fi Hijinx - Miehanna

8:30 - 10:00
dcman - Painkiller
The Kokoru Chapter of the FOM feat. rugbymatt and the Tikipugs - Kokoru Punch and Pugalicious
Stephanie - Jungle Juice and Artillery Punch
Tiki Trader's Coconut Bar feat. Velveteen Lounge, Captain Quad, Rev Thumper and Kristiki - The Playboy and Tiki Trader

11:30 - 1:00 the Time Slot of Mystery???
Rapscallion - ???
Johnman, Rain - ???
The Kahiki Chapter of the FOM feat. Manatiki - Kahiki Warclub

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2009-09-15 07:44 ]

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2009-09-16 10:28 ]

There is 1 more slot available for the room crawl. It is fun to crawl but even more fun to host a room (and then crawl). Please let me know ASAP if interested!

P

I insist that I have one of each.
I will bring many singles and fives.

Be prepared for many sighs of satisfaction and fervent, slurred accolades.

And I will probably splash at least one drink in the Mayor of Exotica's face. Surly cad that he is.

Now we're down in it. Boy, if I am feeling the pinch I wonder how Bargoyle is feeling right this second (stuff this, call that, bleed on this, etc). Anywhoop, If anyone has any changes that they would like reflected on the room call (program) please let me know ASAP. I will be designing and printing them TOMORROW. If you know your room number or have a name for your room please let let me know by 10:00am Tuesday.

J

To remove a bit of mystery around the room Rain and I are hosting, we will be serving "Red Death" and maybe a cocktail too. Bwahahaha!

T

Portable Primitiva will be in Room 145 and also feature Exotica DJs.

Jack

[ Edited by: tabuzak 2009-09-16 11:06 ]

Pages: 1 41 replies