Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Rare Gecko Martin Denny Tribute mug!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Not my auction, but I can't believe that this has come up available for so cheap: one of Gecko's Martin Denny Tribute mugs, with a .99 cent price! W00t! I'm expecting this to quickly get too rich for my blood (unless I hit the Mega Millions tonight...), but to still be a bargain at whatever price it goes for!

J
JTD posted on Thu, Apr 16, 2009 6:12 PM

Dear Revenerd Dr. Freelance,

Thanks to your bean-spillage, I have been outbid beyond my paltry means. We impoverished mug collectors like a bargain better than the next guy, ya know. In the future, please keep your "discovery" to yourself.

If you find that you just can't keep a secret, send me a p.m. next time something like this comes up.

JTD

Say... Isn't that our old friend Tikifish's auction?
Aloha,
:tiki:

On 2009-04-16 18:12, JTD wrote:
If you find that you just can't keep a secret, send me a p.m. next time something like this comes up.

I couldn't agree more. Lots of people here spend a lot of time searching for "the grail" item they want. It is always disheartening to see someone post an ebay listing on TC when they are not the seller, as it usually means that the big spenders (many of whom do not participate on TC but watch it for buys) find out and its all over.

If you see something nice, send a PM to the people (like me) who you think might like it and feel like you have done a good thing. If you want to memorialize the item, snag the image and post it AFTER the auction is over.

Trust me, this is a much better way to go.

DC

On 2009-04-17 18:54, Tiki Royale wrote:
Say... Isn't that our old friend Tikifish's auction?
Aloha,
:tiki:

Yep...

On 2009-04-17 19:42, Dustycajun wrote:

On 2009-04-16 18:12, JTD wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Lots of people here spend a lot of time searching for "the grail" item they want. It is always disheartening to see someone post an ebay listing on TC when they are not the seller, as it usually means that the big spenders (many of whom do not participate on TC but watch it for buys) find out and its all over.

If you see something nice, send a PM to the people (like me) who you think might like it and feel like you have done a good thing. If you want to memorialize the item, snag the image and post it AFTER the auction is over.

Trust me, this is a much better way to go.

DC

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that important to you; should I take back my last bid to give you a better shot? The price still isn't very high.

Deja Vu

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3564&forum=5

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2009-04-20 17:15 ]

L

Yeah I agree with the "not posting of auctions if it aint yours" kinda thinking.

I mean you can do what you want ...no one can stop ya...but it does affect people who are looking to score stuff at a great price..and does ruin some of the fun of Ebay.

Just had to put my 2 cents in because I deal with this topic in other forums as well.

Damn you Freddie!!! Schemebay was my own little world and no one knew about it until you blabbed. I toss my Corona bottle in your general direction!!

I'll get you! You just wait!!!!!!! You'll get yours......

On 2009-04-20 16:23, freddiefreelance wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that important to you; should I take back my last bid to give you a better shot? The price still isn't very high.

Freddie,

Wow, you post the ebay items here on TC that you are bidding on. A brilliant strategy. You are smarter than I originally gave you credit for!

DC

C'mon...both "Tiki" and "Mug" were in the title descriptor...so EVERYONE here would have seen it whether FF posted this or not.

On 2009-04-20 20:58, Dustycajun wrote:

Freddie,

Wow, you post the ebay items here on TC that you are bidding on. A brilliant strategy. You are smarter than I originally gave you credit for!

DC

It's just the way I am; I care more about the people here than the mug. :wink:

Good Karma comin your way Freddie!,Don't listen to those whiny Assholes who are too cheap to drop a few extra bones on their "grail mug"...and i hope you get it!. Peace.

On 2009-04-21 18:00, freddiefreelance wrote:

On 2009-04-20 20:58, Dustycajun wrote:

Freddie,

DC

It's just the way I am; I care more about the people here than the mug. :wink:

Freddie,

First off, I couldn't care less about this mug, don't really buy them.

I just took the opportunity to weigh in on the general issue of posting ebay items on your thread, no harm intended. Just wanted an honest discussion on the issue (you gave me a little raz and I decided to give a little back).

In terms of the ebay postings, one could theorize, as you do, that listing ebay items you find on TC is a benifit for all TCers.

Generally, I would disagree. I think that it raises the sale price for everyone and attracts the stealth buyers that are out there who actively comb TC for info on purchases and do not participate here. As I said before, just send a PM blast out.

I understand your perspective, but just don't agree with it.

Hey kustomtiki

On 2009-04-21 20:31, kustomtiki wrote:
Don't listen to those whiny Assholes who are too cheap to drop a few extra bones on their "grail mug"...and i hope you get it!. Peace.

Come on, what's with the potty mouth??

Peace too.

DC

Pages: 1 14 replies