Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fund Raiser Benefit Luau for Ventura’s Polynesian

Pages: 1 5 replies

I

Now I'm not one to be going around telling people they need to do something... Except today. In Ventura I was looking at a school for my Daughter to learn Polynesian dancing. Well I found one. Only due to the owner of the office where the school is (doubles as a travel agency to keep the school going...) fighting her way through cancer. She is in danger of losing the school. Well, she is having a fund raiser to help the school and keep the lights on the only Polynesian school in Ventura! Lets keep the aloha alive and show Debra that we support her!

The flyer:

Fund Raiser Benefit Luau for Ventura’s Polynesian
Dance Studio

Donations: Kathie Mitchell 805 320-8788 Class info: Lorraine Mujica 805 320-1398

Tickets: Arvind Datta, 805 701-5139 Entertainment: Howard Clark 805 798-7069
May 9, 2009 3:00pm to 7:00pm
VFW Post 1679, 3801 Market St., Ventura

Donations - $15 Entertainment only ($20 at the door)

$30 Food/Entertainment, ($35 at the door)

$6 child 2 - 12yr, under 2 free
Drawing: 3 People will eat FREE Island, Asian & Other Foods

Silent Auction & Live Auction Dance With Aloha (students Show), Manava Polynesia

Raffle: WIN 1/2 of collected cash - $2/ticket Dano Moreno – Classical Guitar, Uncle Monkey

FREE Hot Dogs/Hamburgers for Kids under12 Tina’s Port of Paradise Show, Cook Island Drumming

Drinks available at No Host Bar stuN dexiM Dance Band

Diana Tere – Salsa / Tahitian Dancer
BACKGROUND

Ventura’s only Polynesian Dance Studio is Ventura is facing imminent closure without community support. Due to continued business “down turn” and owner’s personal bout with cancer, Tropic Travels can no longer subsidize operation for the studio. Current building operation costs are too high to allow cultural dance classes to support themselves. Dozens of children may lose this wonderful opportunity for healthy physical and mental exercise learning dances, community spirit, personal pride and artistic nuances of the various island cultures

MAHALO (THANKS) TO OUR SPONSERS AND DONATIONS

Your browser may not support display of this image.

VFW Post 1679 DANCE WITH ALOHA

REYES RESEARCH, TINA’S PORTS OF PARADISE, A & S FIRE PROTECTION, MARIE CALENDARS, Ventura, RALPH’S, Ventura, FRANC FOGOTA: HOME REPAIRS, PRO NAILS, KYLE OF MIMOSA’S HAIR, OJAI VOICE, VENTURA STAR, Do Right Growers FEDX-KINKOS VENTURA, SCANDIA LIQUOR STORE – SPORTSMAN VENTURA

GOLDEN CHINA - TRAVIS NEWBOLD: CARPENTRY, SEAFRESH OJAI,

PARADISE RESTAURANT, MAI’S RESTAURANT, AND MANY MORE

Keep the Aloha in our Community by sponsoring this important event!

End flyer

Hope you Tiki Central folks can help.
I'll be there!

I

Squid just donated some pendants for the cause! So now you have another reason to attend! You can buy stuff!

Thanks Squid!

The School would be most grateful for any donations!

Just send me a personal message and we can make it happen!

Or just call the school for direct donations. 805 320-8788

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2009-04-15 15:16 ]

I

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2009-04-21 09:19 ]

Mrs. Fury & her sister took some Tahitian dance lessons there a few years ago and had a blast. Several people i work with have used her travel agency with great results and said she has expert knowledge on the South Pacific. A worthy cause that we will attempt to attend

Wish I wasn't working that evening. I'll try to stop by early and get some pictures. Come on TC, lets support them.

I

Hey! Got a Facebook page too!

Yeah cool huh?

No get on there and support these kids!

Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dance-Aloha/1775120843

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2009-05-01 15:36 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies