Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Fumacius from Portugal New tiki

Pages: 1 6 replies

F

Hello guys!
My name is Luis and im from Portugal, my acient nick is Fumacius as you can see.
Finally i got my second carved tiki finished.
This time i tried to make a eastern island head.
The piece of wood was from an eucaliptus.Couldnt work it more cause, the piece of wood had some branches in the bottom, they were going appear in other places.
Here,you got the pics.

First one:

After a bit more work:

When finnaly was finished:

Hope you enjoy it, and please give some advices if you have any to give.
Soon ill probably have a new work done, that ill post in Tc..
Thank you guys.

[ Edited by: fumacius 2009-04-16 08:51 ]

BD

i like him, nice work. he looks a little bit sad though. keep up the good work.

bd

Hey Fum,
Nice second tiki. And eucalyptus is hard to carve. You found the tiki in that piece, nice finish. There is alot of eucalyptus here in Ariz., haven't had the guts to try it yet. He looks sad, BD 'cause he needs a buddy, or maybe it's the economy.
Ciao

Im glad you like it guys...I had a piece of euclaiptus , and i just thought, what the well, maybe hard.But nothing as trying.. Here in Portugal there are lots of eucliptus too.And as there were some cut down, in the way to the beach, i just had to caught one from the ground.I didnt had to cut the piece of wood :D.
Yes the tiki is sad cause, world doesnt let him be more happy : ..

Ty guys

Very nice. Stylish yet accurate at the same time with a nice flow between the both. Would have liked to see a little more blending in the upper part of the nose (bump). All in all a very nice Maoi! Can't wait to see the next one.

L

I agree with tikilizard, but take care of symetrical....Good second tiki!

Tahnk you guys, i think for the start i not getting to bad.About the symetric, i didnt made any measures in this tiki and in my 1st.
Today i drew the next tiki i will make..
A nice piece of wood,i just dont know what kind is it : |.Cause i went to ask it in the Citys Gardning services, they work cleaning trees and gardens in my city..In this project i have made some vertical and horizontal lines, so it gets more symetric possible.

Will post it, when i end it..
Hope it stays as i drew it.
by the way sorry my bad inglish guys..

Pages: 1 6 replies