Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

hottiki carving

Pages: 1 43 replies

H

hei tiki yellow cedar 50" 2006 cellphone photo vs sony cyber-shot....still learning

[ Edited by: hottiki 2009-05-06 16:32 ]

H

moai yellow cedar burn no stain 60" 2006 ..............the cell phone photo looks like vaseline on the lens----sony cyber-shot not mine......must get one

[ Edited by: hottiki 2009-05-06 16:41 ]

HT, Those are cool, are they really 50 and 60 inches tall?
Good work in any case.

[ Edited by: drgoat456 2009-04-16 10:22 ]

H

thank you very much..... can of coke=5"

H

tiki pendants...4" more or less...tattoos and tapa burned in...no stain...hole thru for cord...south sea rotang (rattan)

H

close-up...clear polycoated...burned rotang....hottiki pendant

Welcome! nice tikis what took you so long to find us?

BD

wow, i really like the hei tiki. a very surreal look to it. wonderful little pendants as well.

bd

H

thank you for dakine words.been broke and badly bent,pre and post major back surgery plus two shoulder opts, has dampen the past couple of years. all the kings men have put me back together again. looking forward to being able to enjoy the life of tiki...aloha

T

Nice! Very retro kind of look to your stuff. I like it! How bout some bigger photos?? :)

H

new hottiki pendants done this week......3.5" to 4.5".........rattan + fire............plus some satin poly

H

Middle of July - 14 months after four level back fusion and still not ready for chainsaw or large carving work yet. I continue to try and stretch the time I can sit and carve. As long as I can create art, no matter how small- it's the best way to spend the day.

Moai...

New Guinea Ancestor Figures

Tattooed Tikis

Tattooed Tikis-Carved, burned, and branded. A few coats of clear and ready to string. Thanks for coming! ( wave bye-bye )

BD

wow nice stuff. sorry to hear about the back and hope that you can soon be wielding that chainsaw. keep working toward that goal. looking forward to seeing your next big piece.

bd

B

Bunch'a Smart lookin' stuff Hottiki, Like'um

Very nice and very sharp pendents. I really like the position of the hole for the cord. At first I didn't know what they were for until reading the rest of the posts because you can even see the hole. Keep up the great work.

H

What a day! Receiving kind words about my artwork from fellow TC artist is greatly appreciated. Getting a positive review on my carvings from Benzart really made my day. With nearly 10,000 posts and just about as many carvings to his credit, I must admit that I was guilty of a wee-bit-of-pride after reading Benzart's post. My wife was impressed by the responses to the point that she has increased the budget for hottiki supplies. I spent the day on trips for rattan selection and the local Woodcraft Store. There will be more, thanks to all!

H

one dozen new tattooed tikis

H

Hottiki pendant out for a walkabout...

H

...................................................Ten Tattooed Tikis...................................................

B

More Cool stuff, Happy you got your Budget increased, Keep trying new stuff on your tikis, love all the different headdresses, now for change-ups in the mouth and noses. The Fun begins,don't have it all at once!

H

The experience of discovery and evolution of creating a new tiki carving design is both fun and satisfying indeed. The tattoo branding of Hottiki continues to be incorporated as a hallmark. While being consumed by tiki 24/7, physical limitations make for short carving sessions. On the bright horizon, looking forward to a new woodburner outfit. A member of Tiki Central for one year, with only 50 posts I have a long way to go. The goals I have set for Hottiki coincides with Benzarts advice, so I must be on the right track!

S

Looking good hottiki!

M
mieko posted on Sun, May 2, 2010 9:21 PM

It was great meeting you today and seeing your stuff in person! Your pendants are really great!

H

Really nice to have met you too Mieko. What a grand tiki shindig BamBooBen puts on. Count me among your many fans !

H

Hottiki Tattooed Tapa Pendants-Rattan, Koa, Monkey Pod, Mahogany

H

Hottiki Cork Pendants

[ Edited by: hottiki 2010-05-04 22:41 ]

H

Hottiki Cork Pendants -Shells, Bone, Beads

B

Cool Stuff Hottiki, Glad to see you working on changing these guys up a bit, your skills are getting to the point where you can start giving them some individual looks and features..
Keep up the good workz

H

Hottiki Tapatattooed Pendants - Carved and Flame Colored, Hot Iron Branded
..................................South Sea Rotang.....................................................................................................Hawaiian Monkeypod

...................................Java Jelutong.............................................................................................................Hawaiian Koa

....................................Borneo Teak..........................................................................................................Borneo Teak Mini Tikis

C

Nice pendants I like!

"HOTDAMN! Das lookin... tsssshHOT!"

H

B

Really Cool Teeth Hottiki, I Lik'em and they even almost look like the real thing. Glad that your back stuff has not stopped your carving, I can honestly say I Know what you are going through, so take it easy but don't slow down!

H

H

H

Wall Mask

damn! very nice.....what can ya say. niiiiiiiiiice

Mounted your mask in the gallery, Looooooking Good!

Looks like you've been busy. I like your large masks, great primitive vibe.

H

Borneo Rosewood...Mango...Monkey Pod...Kauri...
Rotang...Koa...Rotang

Beautiful works! And I gotta say... holy hell you sure know how to build an impressive table display. I Love the crossed spears/bamboo display. You must really reel in people with that! :)

U da man

Jon

H

SOUTH SEA ROTANG 3.5"

HAWAIIAN KOA

HAWAIIAN KONA COFFEE

NEW ZEALAND KAURI

HAWAIIAN MANGO

SOUTH SEA ROTANG

Sir- nice wood
:)

Love em all