Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Many thanks...

Pages: 1 8 replies

....to everyone!

[ Edited by: The Vintage Vixen 2009-04-30 17:44 ]

I just took a look at your website, and I think that if you want to get invited to parties, you should post that photo of you in this thread. :o :wink:

Welcome!

Amanda - head over the to the Zombie Hut in Brooklyn and and grab a mai tai or Suffering Bastard! - Shaun the bartender is nice - They have a softball team and need girls to play!

I was there this evening good times!

I have studio for work in the Red Hook Area - PM me we will talk!

It's a good time to be in NYC / Brooklyn - Spring is fun - people are happy to get out!

I heard Waikki Wallys is gone?!?
Ottos always good times and check out Fisherman burlesque website too.
Your web link did not work for me so I'm not sure what 4wd was posting about.

T

Amanda - the NYC ohana are a great bunch. "Watch this space" - rest assured if there are NYC events (like last summer's "Tiki Tuesdays" at the Roosevelt Hotel's Bar 46) you will find them listed here, and you will meet up with friendly, like-minded folks who celebrate Tiki Culture and The Finer Things In Life!

All the best,
Dennis

Hey VV - no worries, you have ohana in New York.

Too bad we did not know of you a few weeks ago since we had about 3 gatherings at the Rhum Rhum Room during March.

Next time the call goes out for the NY tikiphiles to gather (hopefully REAL soon), you will be on the list.

Also, have a look at the Ohana event being planned for September at Lake George (see revolving ads at top of this page) - you will be sure to meet more tiki folks than you will know what to do with.

BTW - If you're ever in the city, you should check out Elettaria on 8th and McDougal - they are pouring great tiki drinks at half price during their happy hour every night.

Hey there! Greetings from Astoria! We want to be your friends! Joe is right. There is a WONDERFUL Ohana in NYC. Our favorite meeting place is the Rhum Rhum Room, it's the best! And EVERYONE has great home tiki bars that we all love to share and open up to our ohana, which we frequently do. Please feel free to email me and we can all get together sometime.

My email is [email protected] .

We look forward to meeting you soon! :)

Lenore & Steve

PS: The next time we host something over here at our home bar, "Hallet's Hideaway", we promise to put you on our guest list. :wink:

[ Edited by: Tikilicious 2009-04-18 06:08 ]

Maholo to you all, so, so much for such a warm welcome!! I woke up to your messages and feel VERY cheered. It was so kind of you all to respond, and I REALLY look forward to hanging out with you all.

It's so lovely to know that I do, after all, have 'ohana' in New York!

By the way, my email addres is: [email protected]

And I'm also on Facebook if you'd like to add me (Amanda Hallay)

Amanda xx

[ Edited by: The Vintage Vixen 2009-04-18 06:43 ]

[ Edited by: The Vintage Vixen 2009-04-18 07:17 ]

Vintage Vixen, if you ever make it up to upstate NY give a shout out and the wife and I will show you around.

We have a great group of tikiphiles here in NYC- many have already introduced themselves on this thread. We are quite active and look forward to inviting you to the next gathering. I look forward to meeting you!
Cheers,
Ray

Pages: 1 8 replies