Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mr Tiki-in decline

Pages: 1 4 replies

Going to Mr. Tiki to be stared out by countless Bosko tikis tonight for the wifes Bday. If you're in town after 8, come down and have a Mai Tai with us!

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2009-04-21 10:17 ]

Happy Birthday to Grace!

The food and drinks are still good, but Mr Tiki has gone the way of all downtown shitholes. They want the young crowd to come in and mess the place up(like they did the Venus Lounge) so they try and cater to them. Nothing like trying to eat while they're playing Reggae and hip-hop so loud that you can barely carry on a conversation.

A

I've pretty much given up on going to bars and restaurants in downtown SD, especially on weekend nights. You have to fight for parking, the service wherever you go is usually bad. And even if you find a place you like, chances are it will close and be something else within a few months.

"I am Lono!" -- Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge

[ Edited by: arriano 2009-04-21 08:46 ]

Yeah, I agree-downtown is a total yuppy shithole and I liked it better when it smelled like piss and you had to step over homeless people. I griped and the GM came out and talked to me about how there would be some changes soon, but the music stayed bad. I got totally sick of reggae in the 80s.....like too much freakin' candy. Ziggy Marley, Burning Spear, the I three, Santa Barbara Sunsplash, too much LSD and Reefer.....now when I hear it, I feel ill.(I still dig the old "TuffGong" stuff, though!)

Pages: 1 4 replies