Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Pacific Rim Festival Sacramento, May 17

Pages: 1 7 replies

The 2009 Pacific Rim Festival in Old Sacramento State Park is scheduled for May 17, 10:00-5:00.
At least 2 hula Halau are performing, I'll check with my hula friends and see if there are more. This is a pan-asian festival, but tends to have a polynesian/Hawaiian leaning. Good food, good times.

Anyone from the Sacramento 'Ohana interested in meeting up? Maybe we can make a day of it, ending at the Eastern Empire or The Mandarin for dinner/drinks?

:drink:
Tacky

Hi Tacky, Sounds like fun, count me in!

WSWahine

If we get a few peeps, we'll make some meetup plans. I'll check with my friend to see if his wife's halau is doing hula there and when, and I can't miss any uke stuff!

They need a tiki bar in Old Sac. What's wrong with those people?!

Tacky

I've got it on my calendar, but tentatively.

There's a Polynesian festival at the Centennial United Methodist Church on Freeport Blvd this Saturday, May 2nd from 11:30-4:00. Anyone interested?

I'll have to check to see what we've got going...went to the Uke fest on sunday and then F.I.

I'll see what we're doing...I'm the only driver right now-the 'other one' has her arm in a sling after surgery. I'll post back...hopefully it's a good festival. The Hawaiian element is mostly in Elk Grove, so this could be a really good festival!

Tacky

I may be flying in town around that time to visit parents in Citrus Heights.
This sounds like fun ..wiki..wiki ..tiki .

This is always a great event!

The weather forecast for Sunday is 100 degrees though, so dress appropriately and don't forget your sunscreen.

That and plenty to drink...

Won't be making it. Going to FI's luau instead. Have fun!

Pages: 1 7 replies