Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

evenin'Tiki carvin progress

Pages: 1 19 replies

Aloha TC!
I scored this sweet Root Ball off the beach last evening.
The wood is definitley cured-been sittin in the sun & salt for a good while. She washed up last week during rough seas/weather. I had been eyeballin it for a bit and just hadnt figured out how to move her. Cant wait to see what Tiki comes out. I got a hold of some coconut palm too,that stuff is tough man. First time using coconut stock-it has a pretty green Moss/Jade shade to it.
Heres the beginning of em.
New style I was attempting, kinda wierd lookin so far.
Critique/advice welcome!

:sheckymug:JK Noyes :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: annamarikitiki 2009-05-20 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: annamarikitiki 2009-05-27 19:24 ]

Carve deeper. And, why do you call the log a her? :) He's a nice log. Can I have him?
Try using chalk to outline the features. Draw a center line first and work off that.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-04-18 13:14 ]

my bad, "she" rolled of me tounge easier. Im keepin him for meself-sorry! :D
Ill post new pics soon, I need new carving tools.

S

Right On! nice to have them wash up for you to carve.

Nice driftwood in WA I can imagine...
:sheckymug:

Nice find! I've been saying we need a beach here in Tucson for things like that to wash up on.

S

Here is a old shot of some drift wood @ Lapush, WA
There are still some very large logs there today.

NIce find! I carved a rootball a while back that was also a wash up.

Keep carving, and keep us posted on your progress. 8)

Geez that is a massive chuck of driftwood.
Savagedaddy:Nice! your in SRQ! I saw your work on an old forum-inspirational. You guys on TC set the bar pretty high. I have lots of new ideas,as soon as my new tools come in Im going to carve like a madman, even punching out details on old Tikis I thought to be finito. Come visit us sometime if you get a chance-(Anna Maria) Ill keep posting pics as I "bring out the tiki"
:sheckymug:

Aloha TCentralites! Ive posted some updated images of the coconut carving I'm currently working on. Getting there slowly. I finally got some good gouges to use, this is my first all chiseled tiki(nochainsaw)
citique/advice welcome of course!-Noyes :sheckymug:

Aloha Tiki Peeps!
Wanted to post the finished carving of my first rootball. Ill be installing him in the courtyard outside the shop. More pics to follow in the evening time. Crazy sore but finally I can drink a shecky mug and enjoy the presence of a completed Tiki guardian.Also posted is a marquesian style dude I carved last week.

Thank as always for all the creative insipration from everyone on TC!!

JK Noyes :sheckymug:

Justin Kingsley Noyes
-Teak it up-

[ Edited by: annamarikitiki 2009-05-14 08:29 ]

Nice work, dude. Very nice indeed.

A,
Nice going! You're official. Amazing what a good gouge can do for you. I'm still learning myself. Looking forward to more.
Ciao

The rootball turned out great! 8) I like the happy expression you gave him. Your are finishing them nicely as well.
Now go carve another, and share it with us.

B

Damn Man, that root ball finished up excellent. You are really making progress, don't stop here!

S

Right on your moving along great!

Bojour & Aloha TC peeps-
Tanks for all da kind words & motivation! Im posting some newly carved limited first edition of brass rings & medallions. Already sold out of the necklaces at the showroom but I'll be doing another run soon if anyone is interested on TC.
Hope you dig em cause theres alot of good taste & standards on TC so- I take it heart! Somebody already ganked one from our display-nah buddy-"bad mana" for dem. Also, One of my well traveled Hombre's brought me these coins from New Zealand, Cook islands etc. Thought i would post em for inspiration- they got me fired up to go carve. Back to the carvin block! :D

-noyes- :sheckymug:

Justin Kingsley Noyes
-Teak it up-

[ Edited by: annamarikitiki 2009-05-17 12:32 ]

Here are the coins. The coin with Tangaroa is pretty sweet up close. It's wild to see tiki money.

:tiki:

Justin Kingsley Noyes
-Teak it up-

[ Edited by: annamarikitiki 2009-05-19 10:37 ]

Here are the blue Tiki headz we just finished. :)

Hello TC peeps!Thought I would post some more carvin progress. The rootball is finally settled & the Tiki Army continues to grow! Here is my most recent carving, still have some final touches & weather proofing possibly. Enjoy & thanks for lookin :sheckymug: -Noyes

Pages: 1 19 replies