Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Latest bone, pearl shell and ivory carvings

Pages: 1 9 replies

I havent posted anything in a long while, but I have been carving almost daily, with a bit of fly fishing squeezed in! Here are some carving I did recently. I have a customer in Miami who loves to collect my work, in bone , ivory and pearl shell, and most of this went to him.
My website still doesnt have any custom work page up yet....thats what happens when you get stuff for free!! But I am now on Facebook thanks to my wife (She reckoned I needed a new face!) listed as Louiethefish DeNolfo, and there are a lot of pictures there in my albums.
I hope this inspires a few bone carvers out there. I will be in Winnemucca Nevada from May 8 till 18 , teaching bone carving to 250 5th graders at French Ford Middle School! Pandemonium!
Tightlines, Louie the Fish

!

hi Louie, love you youtube videos, nice stuff!

Amy

S

Very Nice! and they look sharp.

L

:o :o No word comes out of my keyboard :o :o
completely charmed by your work!

Very high class work, Louie.

The finishes on these pieces are gorgeous.

Like a white mirror.

I really love your fish... the Queen Angel, the Tang and I think that's a Dolphin Fish... hell, they're all beautiful!

Mahalo for sharing!

BD

beautiful work louie. looks like i could just go hand lining with those hooks, and i'm sure i could but damn they're just too pretty to put to use in that way.

bd

Im diggin' those fishhooks! :sheckymug:

Why don't you skip the Nevada trip and come teach me!!! HA
I'd love to see someone show me the braiding and attaching to the bone. It looks perfect!

To all those interested in bone carving and how to do the lashing, I suggest you buy Stephen Myhre's book Bone Carving, available at Amazon. He's a friend and fellow carver from New Zealand, and does fantastic work. Also check out the incredible carving by New Zealand's Master carver Owen Mapp, and the jewelry by his wife, at http://www.art-jewelry.com
Or come to Nevada and watch while I try to teach 250 5th graders in a week!!
Alohas, Louie
http://www.louiethefish.com
More pics on Facebook at Louiethefish DeNolfo or [email protected]

Hey Louie,

Your work is awesome. I've looked everywhere for the extended version of that video on youtube, the one that shows the lashing technique. Is there a reason its not on the net anymore. Its really hard to find a good tutorial about the lashing itself.(even with the steven myhre book). If you could help it would be much appreciated!

Slainte,

Damien

Pages: 1 9 replies