Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Maui Rum/ Kimo's rum

Pages: 1 13 replies

Is there anyone on the island of Maui, I could impose upon to send me a few bottles of these rum"s. I would gladly pay for your time and trouble. There is no place to buy them and the online store is closed. If anyone would like to help me out, please PM me, thanks

Amy

C

hmmmmm.....says closed for maintenance? May want to check back?

I ordered about 6 weeks ago & it was up & running just fine...

Thanks, I sent Kimo and email, asking him about the selling site

Amy

On 2009-04-20 21:40, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

Amy
Try Hi-time wine cellars in Costa Mesa, they might have it, I think I saw it last time I was there a few weeks ago....but shhhh dont let this place get out to everyone....crap I think I just did...please disregard this post nothing to see here, move along, move along..

Amy
Try Hi-time wine cellars in Costa Mesa, they might have it, I think I saw it last time I was there a few weeks ago....but shhhh don't let this place get out to everyone....crap I think I just did...please disregard this post nothing to see here, move along, move along..

LOL, thanks, I will try it!

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-04-22 23:11 ]

Not at HiTime!!!!!

Thanks all, I was able to get a bottle from a helpful TC'er and Kimo emailed me this morning telling me the site should be back up around the end of April.

Thanks again for the help

Amy

The store is now open!

B

Wow, never heard of this one until I saw your post last night, I saw it for sale today at the local store but bought a bottle of appleton's instead, I may have to go back and get a bottle of the dark tonight and give it a try.. What did you think of it??

hey BB, I have opened the 151 proof, it is to say the least....strong.....lol, I will give the dark rum a try tomorrow

Amy

On 2009-04-21 21:47, Hinano_Paul wrote:

On 2009-04-20 21:40, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

Amy
Try Hi-time wine cellars in Costa Mesa, they might have it, I think I saw it last time I was there a few weeks ago....but shhhh dont let this place get out to everyone....crap I think I just did...please disregard this post nothing to see here, move along, move along..

I think Beachbum Berry beat you to the punch! Hi-Times is listed in the back of the Grog Log...Luckily it's kind of easy to drive by without seeing :wink:

A

Hope it's not a hijack to post something totally different about this rum. We got a bottle of the Maui Dark Rum at Hi-Time over Thanksgiving, and didn't try it until recently. Unfortunately, it was not to our taste at all. Some might like it - not sure how to describe it, it's a little coffee-ish, but just in a way we didn't like.

Our bottle is full except for about half a shot. Anyone want it (ideally someone passing through the San Francisco peninsula sometime)? We might go to the Tikiyaki thing in Palo Alto later this month, so that could work too. PM me if you want to arrange something, and I'll post again if/when there's a taker.

-Randy

A

Too bad about the Maui Dark. I had a friend pick up a bottle of Braddah Kimo's Da Bomb overproof a couple of weeks ago when he was at Hi Times. Not sure yet what I'll use it in. Suggestions from anyone?

C

On 2010-01-08 13:57, arriano wrote:
Too bad about the Maui Dark. I had a friend pick up a bottle of Braddah Kimo's Da Bomb overproof a couple of weeks ago when he was at Hi Times. Not sure yet what I'll use it in. Suggestions from anyone?

So what did you wind up using it in? Aviation fuel? Burning Man artworks? This stuff is, um, interesting. Tastes way stronger than it is [only 155 proof]. My days of being young enough to try stuff like everclear or similar homemade products are decades astern, but that is what Da Bomb is like. Fun to try, and more fun to say that you've tried it, but it's what puts the "wrecked" in "rectified spirits".

chiwito

p.s. A few nights ago a few of the staff at Forbidden Island tried it with me, One of them summed it up: "I haven't really tasted it because it keeps evaporating off my lips."

Pages: 1 13 replies