Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Stolen Idols Live on Latino 54, WMNF

Pages: 1 6 replies

Stolen Idols will be featured in a live, in-the-studio performance for the entire hour on the next Latino 54 on WMNF. We play a mixture of latin jazz and exotica.

The show can be heard live on the interwebz at http://www.wmnf.org on Wednesday, April 22, 9 AM EST. The show will then be archived for one week.

Hosted by Franco Silva, Latino 54 presents a wide range past and current "latin" music, in a broad sense of the term.

See you on the radio!

myspace.com/stolenidolsexotica

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2009-04-20 15:02 ]

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2009-04-20 16:22 ]

TM

When are you guys coming out here?

Are you on the west coast? I've talked to the Tiki Oasis organizer. Hopefully we'll do one of those in the future. Any ideas for gigs?

I can't wait to hear this!!! :D

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Outstanding performance Drew!! :)

You guys sounded very professional and tight!

Your piano playing was superb and Bob's bass playing was smooth as a gravy sandwich. Ivan and Kent's percussion really filled out your sound nicely.

"On Green Dolphin Street" and "Busy Port" were my favorites. I also liked your original tune "The Kyoto Protocol." Nice Job!!!

I can't wait to see you guys in June!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Nice! I missed the first half, but came in just in time to catch "Busy Port". Guess I'll catch the rest of it via the archives.

You guys are swiftly turning into my new favourites!

Thanks for the kind words guys! Much appreciated!

A little nerve-wracking playing a live broadcast like that with no edits. Luckily, the collisions were minor and there were no serious injuries! :wink:

The studio at WMNF is really nice, and the engineers, Mark Perfetti and Thomas Dickens, did a fabulous job mixing on the fly.

After the broadcast, since we were set up, we recorded multi-track recordings of three tunes for our upcoming album. I was hoping to have a full-length album in time for Hukilau, but we will at least have a 4- or 5-tune sampler by June.

It means a lot when fellow exotica and latin jazz obsessives appreciate what we're doing!

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2009-04-22 14:52 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies