Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Anyone respond to a CL ad for FREE Polyneisan Furniture in Oakland??

Pages: 1 11 replies

L

Last week I came across an ad on CL of someone giving away a whole garage of hand carved polynesian furniture including a couch, chairs, bar/stools and a 6ft tall buddha fountain for free. The ad came out of Oakland.

Psycho Tiki D replied to the ad but never heard back and after replying the ad was removed from CL.

The ad was originally posted on the 18th and PTD replied on the 19th.

We deduced that it was most likely an entire garage of Witco (just from the ad descriptions) so what I want to know is did anyone on here respond and get it?

We were trying to figure out if the ad was a fake because we know if any TCer picked this up they would of already posted pics/bragged about the amazing score.

Any info would be greatly appreciated because if I go to the Alameda Antique Fair next month and I see a whole Witco spread there I am going to kick myself for not spotting the ad sooner!!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-04-22 15:14 ]

I did respond to the ad, who wouldn't? Sent an email to [email protected] for information and did not hear anything back. Mysteriously a short time later, the ad was gone.

Hoping it was real, but somehow I believe this was a prank. Based on the description in the ad, the person posting kind of knew what this was, but acted like they didn't. Location of the garage was East Oakland.

If not, I think someone scored big time and I hope it was a TC'er and not someone out to make big $$ on the Witco craze?

We tried!

PTD

Did a little research on the email domain, it originates from Atlanta. Either a recent transplant or a humongous idiot. I am leaning towards humongous idiot, not sure what that makes me?

Partial leftover of deleted ad:

Apr 18, 2009 ... Contact Ron at: [email protected] Need two fullsize pick-up trucks or medium moving van to haul it all away. Furniture is in garage so I ...

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-04-22 16:53 ]

T

It makes you an opportunist :D
Keep up the good work on CL!

On 2009-04-22 16:54, TikiHula wrote:
It makes you an opportunist :D
Keep up the good work on CL!

Thanks Mike! That was the word I was looking for!

PTD

RR

On 2009-04-22 16:33, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Did a little research on the email domain, it originates from Atlanta. Either a recent transplant or a humongous idiot. I am leaning towards humongous idiot, not sure what that makes me?

Partial leftover of deleted ad:

Apr 18, 2009 ... Contact Ron at: [email protected] Need two fullsize pick-up trucks or medium moving van to haul it all away. Furniture is in garage so I ...

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-04-22 16:53 ]

Earthlink is a national ISP.

The domain is from New York, the user from Atlanta.

PTD

TS

Craigslist Stalkers! :lol:

L

On 2009-04-22 20:03, Tom Slick wrote:
Craigslist Stalkers! :lol:

Hey , hey , hey...we resemble that remark!

Turns out this was legit and this is where it ended up...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/1135386769.html

Wonder how much they are going to ask for the stuff they got for free?

PTD

Un f***kn believable.I talked to thAT store, and they did get it all for free.
They will not sell stuff separately , and supposedly Mike from Forbidden Island
is coming by to look at it- to buy it all.

L

i just want someone here to get it. PTD and I were talking of splitting it between us if we would have gotten it....nut seriously if mike gets it I will rest easy. I am such a hunter for awesome deals....and this would of rocked!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies