Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Outrigger Canoe Club ~ Orange County, California

Pages: 1 6 replies

Sounds like fun!

Newport Outrigger Club

Anyone know, heard of, or been to any of their functions? Hey, maybe a TikiCentral Chapter of this club! A sleek, highly custom carved outrigger can outshine the others!

I noticed there is a men's, women's and keiki's division.

Sam's Seafood, TikiFarm etc., can be some of many sponsors for us! We'd have to travel (sponsor-paid) to terrible places like Dana Point, Marina Del Rey, Santa Barbara, and Hawaii!

Just a thought....

Paddlin'CaddyDaddy

A

SCD,
Every year in Oceanside the Outrigger Paddlers have big race. It's a big west coast event. Paddlers from all over California Come to race a 26 mile course. It coinsides with a surfboard contest at the pier. Two years ago we stayed in a motor home at the harbour. It was big fun. The paddlers went out early. Later in the day there were bands, surfing and a big hula show. I'll post when it's happening this year.
Mahalo,
AL

One of my buddies races outriggers out of Newport. I don't know if it's the same group though. It's cool how they work to preserve the culture too.

Al, that festival thing sounds like a good time. Please be sure to let us know about it.

I went to some luau in San clemente for an outrigger club(maybe them?) last summer. I carved them a 3-footer to raffle off. A little kid won it.

The Newport Outrigger Club has a HUGE Luau every year.....I think it takes place in Newport....a guy I bodysurf with is a member......and he says it's the greatest time he's ever had.

......and he says it's the greatest time he's ever had.
He should try slapping Spike in the face,
now that is a good time.
3 Stooges Luau?

For a good time, try spanking Baxdog's nasty ass with fried bratwurst!

Pages: 1 6 replies