Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Ventura County ... Wrestling with lobsters, Sunday 4pm

Pages: 1 19 replies

Lobster Trap, Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard, Sunday night 4pm - ???.

I'll be wrestling big ol lobsters and Stacey will be swimming in
that big ol tub of green water out front.

Come join in the fun.

The Lobster Trap
3605 Peninsula Rd
Oxnard, CA 93035

WTF???? No response. I know it's a Sunday, but when do we get to just hang with Swampfire & Stacey? We will be there & I hope a few more will show. TikiTonY? VonTiki? OjaiTimo? Naneki? The couple from Ventura we met at the Tikiyaki DTB event? Pat Sayjak? Out of area folks can stop here first & I will pour you a Drifter's Reef......

I'm trying to work this out, should be able to!

This is more like it!!

I was beginning to think Ventura county was a Tiki Wasteland.

We can dream about what used to be.

Rumor has it that artifacts from the Trade winds are in the Lobster Trap.

V

Im all in.

Rumor has it that artifacts from the Trade winds are in the Lobster Trap.

I don't remember Rumor butI do remember the Prime Minister of the Penninsula. (Heavy english accent) "This is Victor Mazorotti, Prime Minister of the Penninsula, inviting you to join us at the Lobster Trap this Sunday for a lovely time." Or sometime like that. Come to think of it, he looked like you Doug. Hey you can be the new PM of the Penninsula. See you all Sunday.

On 2009-04-24 19:06, bongofury wrote:
Out of area folks can stop here first & I will pour you a Drifter's Reef......

How can we pass that up!! We'll be there with bells on ... ok, Stacey will be wearing the bells. I'm more of a feather boa kind of guy :).

Swampfire,

I'm in, look forward to meeting you.

DC

WK

Hey this is Miles and Tamra, The couple from the DTB event. We're going to try to make it. Might be late though.

Hey there Doug & Stacey, Karen & I are up for a Sunday drive. We'll see you there. Bungofury, we'd like to see your place too. What time are people stopping by? PM me your address.

Thanks, Mike & Karen

On 2009-04-26 12:33, TikiPops wrote:
Hey there Doug & Stacey, Karen & I are up for a Sunday drive. We'll see you there. Bungofury, we'd like to see your place too. What time are people stopping by? PM me your address.

Thanks, Mike & Karen

Hey TikiPops, Stacey and I are head'n over to Bongo Fury (Rincon Room). Should be there at about 2:30 or so. See ya there.

The Lobster Trap April 26, 2009

The mermaid is still above the entrance, it was painted by my mother Ione Keenan when she decorated the Lobster Trap in 1968.
Everyone was sitting under the painting of King Neptune and the mermaid that she had painted so long ago. That was strange but nice.
It's been up there over 40 years now since Bud Smith first built this place when he moved next door around 1967.
More nautical than Tiki, it was a cool place back then. Swank lounge. Known for the food and drinks with the locals. It's a shadow of it's former self now. Could be great again.
I tried one of their mixed drinks and should have had a beer. (I hate beer BTW) I offered to bring fresh limes and orgeat in from my car.
Pick some fresh mint alongside their stream, probably left over from the sixties and make a real mai tai. The manager appologised and said they weren't allowed to bring anything in from the outside.

So since we couldn't make a proper drink at the Trap, we all left for the Rincon Room Stealth party.

Stacey made Pain Killers which reminded me of the time at the Soggy Dollar bar in Jost Van Dyke in the BVI where two Pain Killers almost killed me, true story. Great drink Stacey! Thanks for the memories.

Mickey and Ron, you were both such gracious hosts to open up your home to us. It was a much different experience seeing the Rincon Room when there were 100 people there, your place rocked. Last night was a much more intimate experience. What an awesome place you both have.

Shot, I am really bummed that I had to leave early.

Not only did Ron and Mickee host to post Lobster Trap party they also hosted the pre Lobster Trap party.

Thanks for the hospitality and the Drifters Reefs

Nice to meet you all and see you at the Nooner.

DC

V

Thanks Ron and Mickey! That was fun! You certainly have raised the bar for home tiki bars. I think my wife might have finally gotten bitten by the tiki bug. She had a blast too.

Great seeing everyone the other night. Tim, thanks for all the great pictures. A good start at the Lobster trap would be to get a better bartender. I played it safe and had a beer. The trap needs more tiki's, more thatching, more puffer fish. More Bamboo Ben!!!!

Ron and Mickey muchos gracias for opening up your beautiful home for the after party. I needed my Rincon room fix for the month. Would you mind If I lived in your backyard. I promise I would sit quietly and just do my drawings. :)

Thanks everyone. Lobster trap was a bit disappointing but it was good to see everyone.

hahahaha
Ron, compared to your place, even some really top of the line tiki places are disappointing.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

V

true that!

Ron, it was great meeting you at Ben's place Sunday! Your Backyard and attention to detail was an inspiration for our place. Your place came out fantastic! You both should be very proud, The night shots are amazing! congrats on all the hard work!!!

Amy

T

If I had known you guys were gonna snub the trap and head to the Rincon, I would have been there too. I went to explore the Lobster Trap after VonTiki told me about it. I was so disappointed that I didn't ever want to set foot in that place again. Oh, the white bare walls. The only cool part was the salty old guy in the captain's hat, no shirt with a blazer, no socks and deck shoes with white dirty pants smoking out of a corn pipe, and sporting a chin strap beard. If you could have guaranteed that guy, I would have been anywhere!

Sorry I missed you guys, I actually had a previous dinner to attend, although, I was done by 7:30p. Oh well. Next time you here noises from the backyard Ron, don't bother looking outside, its me lying face down in the sand, taking it all in!

Pages: 1 19 replies