Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

my new tiki bar - built last week

Pages: 1 8 replies

D
dcman posted on Sat, Apr 25, 2009 1:48 PM

I got it in my head to build this tiki bar last week. Totally made it up. Put it on 3-inch casters so I can roll it out on the deck in the summer and keep it in the living room in the winter. With the casters, it's a standard bar height of around 42 inches. The bar itself is left-over laminate flooring, but on a plywood base with the trim added later. Notice the bamboo bumper in the back. What you may not be able to see is I put a "railing" of picture wire around the sides and back of the two shelves so stuff can't fall through the hawaiian shirt fabric. Now what drink to make first.....

Cheers everyone!

dcman

TWO

DC,
Nice bar, now start checking I.D.'s

Cute! I LOVE quick projects that utilize the crap I already have laying around!

Using the cloth is a great way to save money on materials and do a quick change on a bar.

Excellent use of the laminate flooring. The wire bottle "railing" is very clever as are the casters for maximal use.

You should post the basic pictures of the bar's construction and other info in the Tiki-On-A-Budget thread.

Also you really need to keep an eye on your doorman. Those gals at the bar look awfully young.

D

I wear hawaiian shirts every day to work, so the fabric was a natural choice. Also, it cost less than $15.00. It's proving to be fairly sturdy bar and folks can lean on it with the casters locked, except it "rocks" a bit. I may have to brace the back with an "X" of wood. Beyond that, I'm pretty happy with it.

the two girls are my bouncers - they've been kicking my a** since the day they were born......

Cheers! dcman

[ Edited by: dcman 2009-04-26 12:15 ]

D
dcman posted on Sun, Apr 26, 2009 6:16 PM

I put a tutorial on how to build the bar into the "tiki-on-a budget" thread.

page 17

Good luck!

dcman

[ Edited by: dcman 2010-08-08 15:42 ]

D
dcman posted on Sun, Aug 8, 2010 3:40 PM

-bump-

Too cool!! I am going over to the 'tiki on a budget' thread to see your tutorial!! Good job!!

Nice work dcman - I'll take a Painkiller, please!

Pages: 1 8 replies