Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Events in the northeast?

Pages: 1 6 replies

L

Have there ever been or will there ever be?

T

The avalanche of replies is your answer...

MC

haha
northeast is kinda big. where-abouts do you live? nyc has tiki bar crawls here and there. got any ideas for starting something up?

L

I'm in NH.
I went down to check out King Tiki in Portsmouth and agree with many that it's really cool, but for whatever reason they are not atracting the right crowd. It just seems like the perfect Tiki hang out.

MC

wow. we are a distance away from ecah other, but if you ever make it down to NY-NJ, give me a shout!

A while back the East coast TCers were discussing a weekend at the Tiki Motor Inn at Lake George, which apparently still has Hawaiian dancers in the summer season, but somebody has to take the rudder in the hand to organize it.
Maybe not on the scale of Oasis/Hukilau/Chicago, but just as a TC get together?

MC

That's a great suggestion. I checked out Tiki Resort last summer, and it was a fabalous show. I'm willing to make a gathering for Labor Day in Lake George. But it's really just too early for me to plan anything. My summer is full of tiki with Memorial Day in Hawaii, 4th of July in Wildwood--anybody wanna meet up then?, and then Hukilau. I need to finalize my plans for those first. But let's keep this in mind, and not forget about it.
But more the merrier.

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-04-04 11:36 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies