Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Don't you hate "bumper music"? :) ---- Clouseaux ----

Pages: 1 5 replies

A Saturday or two ago I am waiting for some good garage while listing to Kim Fowley and his slow-assed heroin drawl on UnderGround Garage and I swear I hear Clouseaux as bumper music. Couldn't pin down the song but, I'd still swear to it. I thought that was pretty cool anyway. :)
Is he broadcasting outa Austin?

Before sat/rad came along I'd hear the best industrial tracks used as bumper music on the rock stations but, of course they would never play the actual song. I am thinking "Why do they tease me this way??"

Radio stations are afraid of people turning the dial. Thus no tracks longer than 4 minutes and vocals are a must have. Consider yourself lucky they squeeze in the cool bumpers. That’s how the surf instrumental hits of the 1960s broke, btw.

D
DJLee posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 5:51 PM

We sent literally boxes of Dionysus back catalog to Little Steven's Underground Garage for both their shows and bumper music so that's why you are hearing Clouseaux underneath Kim's voice :)

MN

Thanks DJLee. I was hoping you or the band might chime in.

I hope Silvio didn't require any payola. :)

Clouseaux is killer genius neo-exotica that most earthlings are not worthy to listen to!!

T

Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

Before sat/rad came along I'd hear the best industrial tracks used as bumper music
on the rock stations but, of course they would never play the actual song. I am
thinking "Why do they tease me this way??"

Tell me about it. The oldies station that I listen to (or perhaps the oldies station
before this one) used to use "Quiet Village" for bumper music occasionally. Lately,
the jazz station in Detroit, 2 hours e/se of me, is interfering with the oldies
station 1/2 hour west of me. I've taken to listening to the oldies station via the
internet lately and considering rebroadcasting the oldies signal with a low-power
FM transmitter I have so I can listen to the oldies throughout the house that way
but I even occasionally lose the station on the 'net (I think it's inexperienced
DJ's on the goofy sound board they have, though). Anyway, perhaps what I REALLY
need to do is put together some exotica "mix cd's" and broadcast THEM.

Pages: 1 5 replies