Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

May Chop: Camp-chop-party weekend at Queen K's in the desert

Pages: 1 5 replies

Dear choppers and potential choppers:

Any of you all out there interested a chop at Amy's (Queen K's) house out in Palm Desert on the Sunday after her party ?

The plan was to have her party on that Saturday, and anyone who wanted to can spend the night and take part in a chop the next day. Overnight options are a hotel about a mile or two away for about $75, or camping in her yard/covered carport after the party for free. There will be restroom facilities for the campers, as well as showers in the morning.

A party. Camping. A chop. Wow! sounds like a great weekend.

I'm in. Who else? Let me know and we'll make it happen.

Directions, details and all that as this thread develops...

Buzzy Out!

BUMP

I probably won't make the party but I would love to hop over for a chop if my work schedule allows

K

I'm hoping to make it to the Party and Chop. I'm excited, my first chop!

M
mieko posted on Tue, May 5, 2009 3:50 PM

I checked my calendar, and it looks like I'll be able to make this! Sounds like a lot of fun - and chopping at Queen K's should be very inspirational!

I just got a letter in the mail yesterday that gave me a good idea that one of you may want to try. The letter was from a sales office that is offering condo units on the same golf course that Amy lives on. There is an offer to come out there for a free two night stay at the Dunes Club to check out a condo unit that is for sale.
I say one of us call and say we're interested in checking the place out, because we love golf and would definitely like to live in the Coachella Valley, and we'll be in the Palm Springs area for business on the weekend of the 22. Then after one of us gets the room, everyone else can crash it, Palm Springs spring break stlye.
That might be the cheapest room in town!

If you would like a free room, call the Membership director Christine Marra at 877.940.7005

Good luck!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-05-07 21:50 ]

JT

I'm down to shoot a game o' golf for a place to stay.
Tiki Chop Time!!!!
See ya there.
-Johnny B.

Pages: 1 5 replies