Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Will Pres. Obama be visiting Trader Vic's Lounge this month?

Pages: 1 13 replies

He will be at the Beverly Hilton for an event, possibly to be at an al fresco event - which means Trader Vic's Lounge!

"LA Times May 1, 2009
President Obama, whose popularity ratings are approaching Tom Hanks levels, is coming back to town next month, but this time around he plans to schmooze Hollywood -- big time.
. . . .
A whole series of events with major industry players is in the works, but this week, invitations went out to a May 27 "Evening With President Obama" at the Beverly Hilton. . . . The event will be Obama's first major fundraiser since taking office. Expect major stars to mingle with the president and perform. Think the inaugural bacchanal with better weather and food. Proceeds from the "reception and VIP dinner" will benefit the Democratic National Committee."

I wonder if I can get to Trader Vic's Lounge early, can meet him without paying the $2,500 cover?

[ Edited by: christiki295 2009-05-01 10:15 ]

Damn, thats the same night Kim Jong Il is visiting the Tiki Ti.

(disclaimer: this is not political, it was meant to be funny)

O

On 2009-05-01 10:14, christiki295 wrote:
He will be at the Beverly Hilton for an event, possibly to be at an al fresco event - which means Trader Vic's Lounge!

I wonder if I can get to Trader Vic's Lounge early, can meet him without paying the $2,500 cover?

Yeah, I'd like to meet him too. $25.00 doesn't sound too bad. Oh wait, that isn't a typo is it Christiki?
Oh well.

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2009-05-02 16:27 ]

On 2009-05-01 10:39, uncle trav wrote:
Glorious Leader can't make it to Tiki TI because he had to many beers last night and got naked and wasted....sorry.

If Dear Leader cannot come to the Tiki Ti, then the Tiki Ti must come to Dear Leader.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2009-05-01 11:37 ]

P

I hear Gordon Ramsay is gonna yell at him a lot and call him "poncy" and stuff.

..okay-this is obviously politics in this thread..where's the tiki police?? hanford, lock this thread...it's in violation...!!! :)

On 2009-05-01 12:46, pablus wrote:

I hear Gordon Ramsay is gonna yell at him a lot and call him "poncy" and stuff.

Poncy?
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

[ Edited by: christiki295 2009-05-01 15:21 ]

This is why we can't have nice things.

T

NOTE: Political discussion is not to happen on Tiki Central
hanford_lemoore
Grand Member (5 years)

Posted: 2008-09-26 2:46 pm

... even as jokes.

That's Tiki Central's #1 rule.

That might sound hard-ass, but take it from me -- it quickly spirals out of control. Always. It's been a while since I've had to have moderation around politics, so I'm issuing this as a warning. But if it happens again, I will issue temporary bans for everyone who participates in a

the President needs a "Tiki Room" at the White House for those Wed. Happy Hours.

I'd build it in a second and not charge my fellow tax payers!!

On 2009-05-02 09:48, RevBambooBen wrote:
the President needs a "Tiki Room" at the White House for those Wed. Happy Hours.

Hell....you might as well get on the bailout bandwagon....we need to bailout the tiki bar building industry along with everyone else....go build one at the White House and we the taxpayers will pay you....mmmm...let's say 3.5 million?? But understand you will not be held accoutable for any of the money...:) So I'm thinking one big friggin tiki party!!!!

KK

T

3.5 seen a little under. You'll need to hire mug makers for White House tiki mugs as well. Let's make that a cool 5 mil?

On 2009-05-02 09:48, RevBambooBen wrote:

Maybe we can hide in the bathroom until he arrives and then see him for free?>
Or pretend we are waitstaff?

Pages: 1 13 replies