Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

May 22: Exotiki at the Royal Dive in Oceanside

Pages: 1 11 replies

Just heard from Dartin (even though he unfortunately wont be playing this night, has a gig with Big Sandy), but Exotiki is playing at the Royal Dive again on the 22nd of May. Hopefully some of the North County folks can make it to the show. These guys are amazing and the bar has a nice selection of beers!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-05-22 19:32 ]

TM

They are even better then amazing. They will blow you away!!

if my calendar is correct I don't have anything going on.
will prob be there.
bummer on the no bass.

I think Dartin hates Oceanside.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

If I wasn't going to be out of town...

I'd take the trek!

You guys Rock!

Can't wait for the cd !

Go See This Band!!!!

Bump!

Hoping some TCer's will be able to make it! These guys are awesome!

TM

On 2009-05-06 20:03, RevBambooBen wrote:
If I wasn't going to be out of town...

I'd take the trek!

You guys Rock!

Can't wait for the cd !

Go See This Band!!!!

Ditto! The band rocks, and the steel player is the drunkest dude you will ever meet!!! (and he can PLAY!!!)

The lead guitar player...what can I say? Sweet and low-down! Totally Django-fied!!

thanks for the kind words guys!

Here's the last I heard of the gig though:

Pete Anderson has cancelled. Thomas (steel player/head cat Exotiki), Jeff and Kevin (rhythm guitar) as far as I know are still playing the gig.

Regardless of bass or not... they are still great sounding. I think they may have even got a replacement for me that night... don't know for sure though. I'll find out for sure tonight or tomorrow and post it on here by Friday....

Bump!

New poster with new headliner.

How was it Tiki Shaker... did you make it out last night?

Another awesome show. The first band that played - Gypsy Groove, had Jeff Ross on guitar and Yearsley on bass. The guy on the fiddle was amazing. I guess their gonna play at some little coffee place down the road from my apartment on Sunday, so I'm gonna see them play again.

Exotiki had to play a shortened set, cuz Gypsy Groove played long and the next band had to go on. (Didn't bother with the last band - Hula Guns.... it was no Hula, and all Guns... as in LA Guns). But anyways, Exotiki played the first half as just a 3 piece, then halfway thru the show Billy Watson showed up on bongos.

Another laid back night with great tunes. I just wish I would see more people from TC supporting you guys.

Where & when are they playing Sunday? TIA :)

They are playing at "The Cup". It's a little coffee place next to the Wisconsin Market, on Wisconsin... just south of the train tracks, right by the coast.

I was talking to some people at the show, they said some of the members jam there on Sunday's around 10 am sometimes. They band mentioned that this Sunday would be one of those days.

Pages: 1 11 replies