Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

vintage glassware swap and shop...

Pages: 1 18 replies

Awhile back i found a killer vintage glassware caddy with the set of 8 glasses still intact for a real steal.....not long after we got it home we had an accident and broke one of the glasses..i put the word out for a duplicat of the same glass and a friend came through with one....i traded him a tiki mug and some papergood stuff for it.....the set was once again complete.....anyway, I thought, how many times have other folks been in the same boat or maybe you found a set of six glasses in your travels and needed just one or 2 more to make you set complete..... I thought it might be cool to start a thread which deals only with vintage glassware from the 50's or 60's.....no ceramic mugs or cups...just glass. (and siestaware).......the point of this thread would be a place for folks to go that were looking to complete a set of vintage glasses and may be missing some.....here we can trade or outright buy the missing glasses from each other and everyone wins....and it will be a place to possibly learn more about the types and styles of vintage glasses that are out there.

so what say ye??? any thoughts or opinions ?? if this seems like something worth our while here let me know.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-05-11 20:16 ]

L

I personally am looking for the lids to cocktail shakers so I think this is a great thread idea.

Outstanding idea. I would like to find some pourer caps for cocktail shakers. If anyone has any spares.

KK

totally un-tapped in the cleveland area.
post pics of what you are looking for and I will keep an eye out.

Capital idea, my good man!

..cool this will be good....in fact, feel free to post pics here of glassware or cocktail shakers you may be looking for....did you miss that auction on ebay for that cool vintage glass or were you outbid??..not a problem....click and drag the picture of the item you lost on ebay and post it here....maybe one of us will have one to sell or trade...

i will post pics soon of what i have as far as what i'm lookin for and what i can part with.....anyone feel free to do the same here....but remember...no mugs or ceramics here...just glassware and related glass /bar items....

thanks!

DID THIS FIZZLE?

Found these Federal Glasses at a shop yesterday. I got two glasses of each color.

KK

..no this hasn't fizzled, you silly goose, david !

i haven't had a chance to post yet.....but i want to remind people...this thread is not to be confused with the thread of posting your vintage glasswar you have either collected or picked up in your travels...this is not a thread to show off your cool vintage glassware / shakers, but a thread to post vintage glassware you :

A) are missing glasses from a set and are looking for replacements

B) have miscelaneous vintage glassware you are looking to get rid of via trade or sale to others that might need them to complete their sets.....

once your set is complete ...post it proudly in the other thread marked " vintage glassware"...not this one....

thanks!! this will help keep this trhead less confusing.

I will have to start the "Vintage Glassware" thread since I don't see one in the search engine.

No Problem.

KK

L

On 2009-05-16 11:17, Kamaina Kraig wrote:
I will have to start the "Vintage Glassware" thread since I don't see one in the search engine.

No Problem.

KK

Here is the thread for vintage glassware Kraig. No need to start another one :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25295&forum=6

Okay...thanks leleliz...:)

KK

On 2009-05-16 08:35, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

..no this hasn't fizzled, you silly goose, david !

i haven't had a chance to post yet.....but i want to remind people...this thread is not to be confused with the thread of posting your vintage glasswar you have either collected or picked up in your travels...this is not a thread to show off your cool vintage glassware / shakers, but a thread to post vintage glassware you :

A) are missing glasses from a set and are looking for replacements

B) have miscelaneous vintage glassware you are looking to get rid of via trade or sale to others that might need them to complete their sets.....

once your set is complete ...post it proudly in the other thread marked " vintage glassware"...not this one....

thanks!! this will help keep this trhead less confusing.

OK this is good, KEEP THE RULES IN MIND PEOPLE!

There is a big flea market / garage sale weekend coming up. and I am already seeing vintage glass wear out there, BUT I DO NOT COLLECT IT , so you guys GOTTA get your pics up here. And I will keep an eye out here in the N.E. OHIO area.

fizzzzzzzzle sounds all over this thead.

Looking to complete this set of Dairymens's Hawaiian Island Glasses...

Not sure what I am missing, I have Maui, Niihau, Molokai, Hawaii, Maui and Kahoolawe.

It looks like I could be missing Oahu, Lanai and Kauai? I have an extra Kahoolawe.

Has anyone seen a complete set or have any for sale or trade?

Thanks,

PTD

L

I would love to find more of the set that this large shot glass belongs to. A shaker (if it was ever made) would be awesome!

L

*****ITEM HAS BEEN CLAIMED. WILL NOTE IF TRADE DOES NOT END UP HAPPENING :) ******

I found this Raffiaware pitcher today...It is beige in color and has the hut scene on it.

Is anyone looking for it? Please pm me and maybe we can work out a trade of some sort :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-07-02 15:41 ]

L

Does anyone have extra screw caps for vintage cocktail shakers?

Or metal lids for old glass shakers?

Now that I have moved I realize just how many incomplete shakers I have.

Would be willing to pay for these of course as long as they are priced reasonably

Please feel free to pm me :)

Sometimes you have to be careful. Not all caps fit all shakers. Also, not all shaker lids are the same size. As crazy as it sounds, the easiest way to find lids is to buy ugly, worn out shakers that have nice lids. Ditch the shaker and keep the lid. Sometimes I have bid on ugly, cheap shakers on ebay. Then if you win, ask them to ship only the lid and discount the shipping price.

Pages: 1 18 replies