Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

May 30th Brevard FL Pre-Hukilau

Pages: 1 14 replies

We are going to host a pre-Hukilau gathering so everybody in the area can get to know each other a little better before Hukilau and to build up our rum tolerances. It will be on May 30th at our place in Rockledge. Anybody that is interested, please send me a message and I will send you more information.

I have also set up a Tiki Brevard group on Facebook. Feel free to check it out...

Sounds like a great idea! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'm in! I'm looking forward to a Hukilau warm-up.

See you all there!

Jimi

TK

poooh, i will be in alabama then, otherwise i would make the trip down from tampa.

Hey TikiHardBob!

I was floored to see a topic on Brevard Tiki! I have ta check out the facebook page! If you still have any space for new faces there, my wife and I would love to join in the warm-up... We're up in Titusville.

Mahalo,
Mike

Any spots open for a few new faces?

Here is the party flyer. Send an email to me if you want full directions to our place:

I'm bringing some rums and limes, and maybe some art to stare at until we go drink-blind.

This is Tiki Mike from Satellite Beach. Send me the info, My wife and I are up for the pre-party.

I hope this party is as good as bamboo ben's.

T

The pre-Hukilau was a great night, filled with good people, food, and drinks. Various meats on a stick, with chips and dips helped to fight off the alcohol-filled assault of Zombies, Scorpions, Mai Tais, Pina Coladas and whatever else could be found to mix and get turned into all things drinkable. I think I'm primed and ready for Hukilau!

A portable Mai Tai bar in a vintage suitcase, very cool.

It held enough supplies to dish out 11 Mai Tais or so, and they tasted great.

The bar area was well stocked and a fun space, though the pool table wasn't utilized.

We even had live music.

I hope others will post their pictures, as I was behind the camera in these shots. In true tiki form, I was the first to arrive and the last to leave. I think the kneeling tiki that I brought along to share had to drive me home. What a good buddy.

Pupule Tiki!

[ Edited by: TikiMango 2009-06-01 06:58 ]

It looks like everyone had a great time! Chip and I have to come north sometime!

See y'all at Hukilau.

Andy

I finally posted pix of the Tiki Show & Tell. Thanks to all for coming, and we'll see you at Hukilau!
http://tornadotiki.com/gallery/2009/053109/

TornadoTiki.com

[ Edited by: TornadoTiki  2009-06-05 20:32 ]

Looks like a great time was had, with great people/food/drink and location. I'm jealous!

Sorry I haven't posted until now. We had to recover from the great time Tami and I had at the Pre-Hukilau party.To much RUMMMMMMM! Thanks to "TikiHardBop" George and "Tornadotiki" Chris for hosting such a cool event at their Rockledge, Fl. home.Their house set the perfect atmosphere for the kick-off party, complete with tiki torches, tiki pergola and back upper deck. Downstairs was their fantastic bar with antique tin ceilings, wood floors, modern lighting, warm colors and various art work. "TornadoTiki" Chris displayed her handmade unique tiki mugs on the bar that we all drank out of. "TikiHardBop" George was an excellent bartender, whipping out the most potent exotic drinks. Truly a night of fun and laughter and one to remember. Thanks to everyone that made our night interesting. Here's some photos of the party.
Enter Tiki Pergola

Outside TikiHardBop and TornadoTiki's house. Chris did the carving on the tiki temple

Tiki Mike and Tiki Mango, Satellite Beach Rules

Jimi and Kathryn. Island Systems and Design

Let the mixing begin

Joe, George, Drew, David, Tami, and Ray

Tami, Cheryl, and Chris. Girls just want to have fun!

Beautiful Tami

Mahalo, and see you guys at the Hukilau

Pages: 1 14 replies