Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

june 10th to 14th events in LA road trip

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

hi all time for road trip with my sons 13 and 21. from Arizona, we are going to stop at the tropicics in P.S. and off to LA. I am going to several VW shows and want to take the boys to buhucks in temple city, tiki tia, and the tonga hut. there is a place in glendale , but I cant remember, stop at 8 ball, ocean arts and sams sea food as well as dukes on the beach. Are there any events going on that weekend, (carving, or just introducing ourselfs to the working tikiites. If you guys can Wreck a mend any think tiki or must see's let me know I am planning the trip, might hit San Deigeo (Mr tiki and a bamboo shack) or course shelter island, freakey tiki and bali hi. I grew up in LA so I know the way around , LA does not change much. thanks all scott aka tikibad

Hi Scott!
Were you talking about Damon's in Glendale? Bahooka in Rosemead? Sounds like fun! Check out the exhibit on Marc Davis at Glendale Forest Lawn Museum. Sounds like there isn't any Tiki Room stuff, but it should still be great. And, its free!
http://www.forestlawn.com/Special-Events-And-Facilities/Event-Detail.asp?EventID=147

T

thanks, thats it damons. I did the tiki road trip 1 year agowith my youngest son while my wife went back to New Zealand to see famialy. Just awsome, we did tiki and old surf shops and boards (still have mine from the 70's, lived in pacfic palisades) but got all sorts of stuff fo the house pool area and my 2 vw busses 67 camper and 62 double cab. we ended the trip at drift resturant and roys the next night in carefree. then the last night at trader vics and valley ho 10 days of fun , really cool. The oldest did not go , but want to do other tiki surf stuff. thanks for the leads. scott

T

here are some photos of the tiki bus

Sams in Sunset Beach (OC) is now a Don the Beachcomber.
and there is a New Trader Vics in Downtown LA.
don't forget Tiki Ti on the East side of Hollywood, aka Echo park.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 4 replies