Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Join me next Friday May 22 at Don the Beachcomber Surf City for the Jon Bouvier Experience!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Alooooha all you Tiki Comedy Hypnosis Fans!

Hukilau Brown here to invite you to join me for an evening of Hypnotically Hilarious entertainment as Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach welcomes Jon Bouvier back from tour to his home town of Huntington Beach!

Jon is a great friend of mine and he puts on a super-hilarious Vegas-style comedy hypnosis show. He's really entertaining with or without cocktails (ok everything is MORE entertaining with cocktails) and let's get a big showing of Tiki Central Ohana to welcome him back.

http://tinyurl.com/Bouvier

When: Friday, May 22nd…8pm…doors open at 7pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber
16278 S. Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Book Dinner Or Get Info: 562 – 592 - 1321

no reserve seating…1st come, 1st served

I'll be there early to get, er, warmed up. If you make it on stage, I'll buy you a drink. If you buy me several, you might see me up there!

Big aloha ha ha,

Hukilau Brown

http://donthebeachcomber.com/events.html

Any time you'd like to quit Spamming this event would be fine with me.

How about Now? :D

Thanks!

Bora Boris sez ~ "Less hypnosis more Tiki!"

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 16, 2009 12:45 AM

Tiki Central rule #8:
Spamming (posting the same message in more than one forum, or posting unwanted advertising in the forums) is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.

GROG wrote:
Tiki Central rule #8:
Spamming (posting the same message in more than one forum, or posting unwanted advertising in the forums) is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.

Well, slap that boy's wrist with a ruler. I believe his post will be tolerated as Hukilau Brown has been here from the beginning. He's the nice looking gentleman who volunteers at the large events so everything runs smoothly. It's not like he came on to advertise his friend performing at El Doritos.

Also, wouldn't it be cool if the new Don Beach could muster up a crowd that would come in and enjoy the venue? Bottom line, spend money to keep DTB alive?

Don't get pissy and don't complain about other events that go on in a Tiki establishment. Trying out other acts, with a decent size following, might be what it takes to keep our Tiki Temples alive. Like Ben said in the "other" thread, his parents took him to DTB to see the Smother Brothers when he was a kid. I'm sure they packed the house with every performance and, in turn, a profitable night for the establishment.

DTB still welcomes all of us nut jobs to come up with events to hold at their place, but in between, they've gotta foot the bill. I hope it is a successful evening. :)

Not that Hukilau will be watching this thread, and/or adding 10 pages of photo shop to keep it on top, but thanks for directing him nicely, WooHoo.

Aloha :)

Sorry Mrs. Boo,

But I gotta stop it here before they start advertising speed dating and traffic school. I'm all for Don's doing what it needs to do to have a healthy business and I love the fact that they're using the showroom for events that will put people in the seats and drinks in their bellys BUT this is Tiki Central and it is NOT a Tiki event.

Sorry but we should already be supporting this place because we love it. No additional enticement is necessary.

If you can't see that then obviously you've already been HYPNOTIZED! :o

Kulia I Kanu'u, my dear. Without any hypnosis, mahalo.

A value to attain with a measure of aloha. It never hurts.

That's great, when you get back from the show please don't post any pictures.

No worries...I'll PM them to you! :)

:lol:

On 2009-05-16 20:46, Bora Boris wrote:
Sorry but we should already be supporting this place because we love it. No additional enticement is necessary.

If you can't see that then obviously you've already been HYPNOTIZED! :o

Hi. Additional enticement IS necessary. And if you can't see that, Boris, than you're not paying attention. The property is a huge overhead and they need to find a nitch (or five) to pay the overhead and make some money...that's the bottom line.

Tiki Central does not support businesses, believe it or not, as much as you guys think you do....you don't! It's a lot of, God forbid, outside supporters....eeew, yuk, those "outside people" coming into "our" place. Your attitude is ridiculous. Love your own place and open up a "temple." Open up a bar, Boris, and see how well you do. :D

Mahalo Pua :)

I'm locking this topic. There's already two posts about it and this is not doing any good for anyone.

Please drop the "is a non-tiki event at a tiki location spam" debate. Thanks.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2009-05-16 21:53 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies