Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Exotica artists on emusic

Pages: 1 3 replies

P
PoiBoy posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2003 9:40 AM

I don't know how long emusic.com has been offering their unlimited downloads for a monthly fee option (seems to me it used to be a fee per download) but for $14.95 a month they have a pretty good selection. Many exotica related album downloads include: Arthur Lyman, Korla Pandit, Eden Ahbez...and several new bands that cross the exotica border: Orchestra Superstring, Tipsy....and about 19 albums filed under Polynesian music. Just wanted to pass it along to those you hadn't checked it out yet. Well worth the $ in my opinion. You can check out the selections for yourself: http://www.emusic.com

~poi

K

Hi All!
I realize this probably should be under the Music thread heading, but I didn't want to start a new thread...so here goes.

Emusic.com just recently added 4 more Arthur Lyman LPs avail for download (Legend of Pele, Taboo, Taboo 2, and Yellow Bird). They also have Pearly Shells.

There's also a bunch of new old Pacific Islands sounds such as Sounds from Easter Island. TO find them, go to emusic.com and browse under GENRE (World/Reggae), then under STYLES go to Pacific Islands. Bunch of neat stuff there. They still have their 50 free download trial package (probably enough for the Arthur Lymans!) in case you're not a member. I'm hooked on this site.
THere's also still a lot of good loungy lounge music under the JAZZ genre too. Enjoy

[ Edited by: on 2005-02-04 21:24 ]

T

...and as someone who's career has nosedived in the past few years, due (in part) to people stealing music, I'd like to remind and/or beg you all that getting your music via a legit, legal service like this one is the honest and ethical thing to do.

W

On 2005-02-04 22:14, tikibars wrote:
...getting your music via a legit, legal service like this one is the honest and ethical thing to do.

Just so we're clear...

So you're saying that it's unethical to get something without paying for it?

Or is that just for music?

Pages: 1 3 replies