Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Old Rattan chairs and 1 end tables

Pages: 1 8 replies

J

The chairs and 2 end tables came together. Both are worn and I plan to restore. The table says MFG by Tropical Sun in Pasadena on the underside. Any body got ideas on where to get same style cloth for chairs and actual value. If it is valuable I may have a professional do the restore.

Thanks jadtiki

L

Are you selling these? If so then they belong in this thread, if you are just showing them off then this post belongs under the "Collecting Tiki" thread in the "Show Us Your Rattan" posting.

As far as finding matching fabric you can do that online..even if you are looking for barkcloth places like Ebay and Etsy can usually be good places to grab up hawaiian printed fabric for a decent price.

As far as value I do not know. Restoring bamboo/rattan isn't that hard. You can google and come up with all the info you need such as :http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/05-00/05-21-00/f02ho192.htm

I know that all this information has already been posted before so best to use the "search" function on here to see if you can locate the answers that have already been posted.

:)

Liz,

How did you find that article? LOL.. It's just funny cause that's my local paper and it's a small newspaper here on the coast of Massachusetts.

Cheers!

Rick

L

On 2009-05-25 20:19, Bogielocks wrote:
Liz,

How did you find that article? LOL.. It's just funny cause that's my local paper and it's a small newspaper here on the coast of Massachusetts.

Cheers!

Rick

Haha..well I am a google fanatic esp. when I want to learn to do something myself. I just typed in "Restore Vintage Rattan" and up it came when I was looking for a way to brighten up a chair I just bought for cheap .

Good info in your local paper Rick!

J

Liz, Are you familiar with the brand or value. I read the post again. I to can google, but have come up with nothing. Any offers will be considered.

L

There were a great many manufacturers of rattan but this brand does not sound familiar to me.

I really think that value is placed on condition. The better shape it is in the more people are willing to pay because the less work THEY will have to do.

In the condition it is in now I would not think the value is as high as it could be if it was all cleaned/polished at the very least. If you dont get any offers maybe you could refresh the rattan and see if you could get what you wanted for it.

I personally like to recover the cushions myself because I have my own tastes in fabric choices.

Also ...where are you located? Always good to know where you are so if someone is interested they know if its accesible to them.

:)

"Also ...where are you located? Always good to know where you are so if someone is interested they know if its accesible to them."

why is it like pulling teeth to get people put in their profile, at least what part of the country they are in?

J

St. Louis is the location of chairs and table.

Jadtiki-Your picture depicts a love seat that is separated by a two tier table.
That's not two separate chairs.Notice there is only one arm rest per chair.
Let me know if I can be of any help.Tropical Sun was a very good and reputable
company in Pasadena.There old catalogs are very cool and highy collectable
if you can find one .Here is a website for fabric that was given to me by a
fellow TC member .I will try and post a cover of one of their old catalogs
soon.

http://www.barkclothhawaii.com/allatonce/Allleaves.htm

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-06-03 20:11 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies