Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My backyard Tiki Oasis

Pages: 1 7 replies

Few pics to share, Tikiing up the back yard.

The Fireplace

The Tiki lagoon

[ Edited by: Lightning Steve 2009-05-25 22:33 ]

Wow, how many bottles of Blue Curacao did you have to use to fill that pool? Thats one huge Blue Hawaiian.

[ Edited by: SuperEight 2009-05-25 23:15 ]

[ Edited by: SuperEight 2009-05-26 13:22 ]

Congrats, Steve! Uniquely yours... Water features take on a whole better vibe with tiki, don't they?

LS,
Your fireplace is fantastic! Any story behind it? Great backyard.
Congrats

No big story on the fireplace. I've had it for a few years, the thing is cast iron and weights as much as a car engine. Was originally a red brick with white mortar look, tacky!! So I painted it flat black with silver highlights (brake caliper paint). The "fire tiki" on top I got off e-bay, mounted it on top and painted to match. The Tiki Lagoon is constantly evolving...

Lightning Steve: What did you use as a base for the pond? Cement, resin? Was it pre-formed? Any problems with leaks? Love it!

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2009-05-26 22:34 ]

Mahalo DJ
The pond is a pre-formed plastic, it's molded to look like fake rock, has nice ripples and texture inside. I've had it now for about three years (and our winters) and have had no problems at all, the plastic is fairly thick. The further away one has a built in waterfall spillway. I use a 1200gpm pump, from the lower to uppper pond via an underground(hiden)line, the discharge is cleverly hidden with plastic ferns. Infact the only "real" thing in the pond is the water. The fake plants and underwater feature are from aquarium stores. The lower pond has a blue light, a red light at the waterfall and the upper pond has a green light, I also tint the water blue (Blue Curacao lol). And there is a pond fogger. I use to have a plastic fish in there but the racoons were always taking it out, I think it really PO'd them as I would have to look all over for it.

Pages: 1 7 replies