Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls, this Friday in HB with Michael Ubaldini!!

Pages: 1 20 replies

That's right folks...... Come see the Hula Girls, this Friday, with Hootenanny main stage performer and multiple OC Music Award winner, Mike Ubaldini!!
Gonna be a great show of Hulabilly and American rock n' roll!

This Friday!!! The Hula Girls and Michael Ubaldini at Fitzgerald's in HB!

05/29/09 at 8:30 PM
Fitzgerald’s
19171 Magnolia St.
Huntington Beach, California 92646
Cost:$5.00

By the way, if you haven't had a chance to, there are two new songs up on our mySpace page... Take a few minutes and open a new window to it on in the background while you peruse TC! http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

TM

I'm in!!!!

S

Bummer...I have a gig that night..Next time Im in..

sorry guys I all ready have plans in San Diego for Friday.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2009-05-27 09:46, slapbass wrote:
Bummer...I have a gig that night..Next time Im in..

You should post when your band is playing, slapbass! Inquiring minds want to know! You are a kick-ass bass player...I would go see your band!

bump for tomorrow!

TM

The Hula Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arn't the Smokin Menehunes playing next door too?

( sorry, bad joke! :wink:

On 2009-05-28 10:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
Arn't the Smokin Menehunes playing next door too?

( sorry, bad joke! :wink:

It's a double bill of the Smoking Menehunes opening for Junkbucket right next door at the Catalina Fish Kitchen!!!!

Ha!!

Seriously though, Ben, it would be nice to see you! Hope you can make it!

TM

Bimp!!!!

We ARE actually doing a Junkbucket song tonight.... "Surfin' with Von Franco"
There's a version of it up on our myspace site now.

TM

The Hula Girls se sont formés à partir de membres du groupe 'The Smokin' Menehunes' et du batteur des 'Swinging Tikis'.

Come on out if you're in the area! It's tonight!

DZ

On 2009-05-29 16:05, lucas vigor wrote:
The Hula Girls se sont formés à partir de membres du groupe 'The Smokin' Menehunes' et du batteur des 'Swinging Tikis'.

Ummm... what?

Hope you guys have a good show. I'm sure Ben will tell me ALL about it!! :( I tried to place the kids in good homes (I wasn't even charging a re-homing fee), but it didn't work.

Please post next time you play. Hula Girls are a FUN band!!!

Aloha, Mrs. Boo

TM

Bamboo Ben was there, and it was hugely appreciated, his supporting us! Other then that, not a tiki central person in sight, but that's ok because the place was packed anyway and they loved our songs about the tiki lifestyle which lucky designs has worked his ass off writing. Many, many total strangers came up to us and told us how refreshing and unique our fusion of tiki, hawaiian themes and rockabilly was. And the headliner, Michael Ubaldini was iincredible!

sorry I couldn't make it guys,
just too many things on the plate this weekend.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

that's cool, Jeff. Everyone knows you are a major supporter of local bands, and it is much appreciated!

T

Damn, I didn't know about them playing at Fitzy's. I ate breakfast there that day and even spoke to Greg the owner. He knows I'm into tiki and didn't tell me about it. I really need to pay more attention on TC.

Tikitatt

Tikitatt... Stay tuned, we'll probably be playing there again with Mike.
It was such a super fun night... we were really 'on'. Thanks again to Ben for coming to hang out. You are the raddest.

T

On 2009-06-01 09:38, Luckydesigns wrote:
Tikitatt... Stay tuned, we'll probably be playing there again with Mike.
It was such a super fun night... we were really 'on'. Thanks again to Ben for coming to hang out. You are the raddest.

Yes, please keep me posted. Fitzy's is walking distance from my house which works out great if I have too many Mai Tai's!

Thanks,
Tikitatt
[email protected]

Pages: 1 20 replies