Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

GLASS Tiki Sculpture---I can't get to Hukilau!!!!

Pages: 1 8 replies

C

Hi all!
I was scheduled to be a vendor at this year's Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale but my budget is tight after opening my studio so travel expenses are kinda' scary, so I've pulled out.
So, I have this piece that was supposed to go there but now, he is alone!
This is Kepolo Pahu, "Devil Drummer".
He stands a little over 12". He is made with 3/8" thick glass. The base he stands on is all glass, hand-crafted and painted with a purple/red fade.
The carving stands over a strip of LED lights powered with a 12V plug.
A custom color strip is inserted over the lights to give a super cool color fade through the carving.
The design is created by me first drawing the original design on a thick blasting resist. I cut all the lines then peel pieces away and blast the glass with varying air pressure and abrasive. I use multiple techniques to achieve the details and this guy took many hours to create! He is a true work of art!!
You will not find anything like what I do anywhere! I've done only 3 of these pieces with this design.
These pieces of lighted glass carvings look absolutely amazing adding a very unique glow and imagery to your special room.

I would normally price him at $300(at least) but I'll let him go for $250 plus shipping.
This is not machine made in any way and no two can ever be the same! Completely hand crafted.
Pictures DO NOT do this work justice!!

Feel free to contact with any questions. I also do custom work.

I was planning on heading to Hukilau with glass sculptures and carved mirrors with LED lighting. Dang--I'm pretty bummed I can't make it!

C

One of a kind, completely unique! Come on--you know you want him!

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 7:21 PM

Wow....That is CRAZY good...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

C

Thanks , Squid! These are waaay better in person!
I'll be taking a look at your recent works---I haven't checked them in a while.
Me--- http://www.hunterglass.com

B

Awesome detail in this one Kyle, not sure I've ever seen that level of detail before. Too bad you can't make it to Hukilau as I'm sure the peeps would go crazy for your stuff.

I've got this guy up on a Best Offer situation since I don't have any upcoming shows and I didn't get to Hukilau.
He's really an amazing, original piece---GET ON IT!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=360163796119

Thanks for checking it out!

That is freakin' awesome! The layers are amazing...

Trad'r Bill

bumpy

C

OK, no dice on Ebay----I don't get it!

I've got a couple galleries that will take this guy but I'm hoping to get a little more selling it myself rather than giving the gallery a percentage....

Anyone here want to make an offer? This is my last effort before he goes to a gallery or even stays in the studio as groovy decoration!

Pages: 1 8 replies