Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

1971 Tiki schwinn I rebuilt .

Pages: 1 28 replies

T

I just finished my tiki 3 wheeler and thought I would post some pics for ya.

All work was done by me , even the pinstriping . Ive never done this before . Comments please.

M
Murph posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 12:32 PM

Excellent!
Wow! when you mentioned at OA that you were getting some stuff for your bike I never envisioned something this cool. :D
That cocounut light is sweet.
You got some skills.

Murph

DAMN ...just when I thought mine was finished lol ...back to the drawing board for the BEACHNIK!
sorry forgot to add that it's one of the coolest trikes EVER maybe THE coolest!
is that a regular bullet light in the coconut?

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2009-06-02 12:57 ]

M
Mambo posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 1:21 PM

Fantastic work!!!
are you taking orders?

N
nuKKe posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 1:23 PM

simply brilliant!
I was gonna write that the coconut light is my favourite part, but then I saw the box, and then the seat, and then the handles. Ride safely :)

Very cool concept....I have the same schwinn....I think I may get started on doing a tiki themed bike also....thanks for the inspiration. And, great job on the striping....for your first time ever striping you did a great job!!!

Nice! You really did a great job on the fenders and chain guard...1-shot in chamois? I love the color combination!

T

Looks great! Please explain the what and how about the grips? I love the basket.

Nice old granny trike there Ray.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 7:51 PM

Gorgeous bike man! A bunch of really neat details and ideas, yet the bike still looks tastefull and not too over the top (like some tiki themed cars and bikes Ive seen). I thought it was so cool I had to post a link up on the Rat Rod Bikes forum too!
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16874

T

Hey Tiki Ray, you get a big thumbs up from here in Canada!! That is a great bike that has been tastefully done. The painting is cool, carvings, wagon/basket and over all look is awesome!!
You did a great job and kept it original.
Thanks for sharing!!

TabooDan

Absolutely perfect! Even has tiki hubcaps :)

T
thick posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 9:22 PM

MAN! thats sweet.

What a cool bike - down to the smallest detail! I can see Gilligan riding it now.... :wink:

Very kewl Ray , just in time for summer.

T

Wow, I never expected such a big return of compliments, Thanks. And yes I will take orders . The hard part is finding the bike with all the hardware . The rest is just labor . Im glad you like the coconut light made from a cheap drink cup and yes those are Crazy Al drawer pull knobs custom fit to my axlecaps. The grips I found on ebay . It sucks that they made one batch and discontinued them . Happy hunting for them . If you notice, there is a small hardwood bell on the handlebars that makes a knocking sound like a woodpecker too . I cant wait to get my first scratch so I can quit worrying about it .

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 9:33 AM

so much depth and dimension
packed into such a small area

C

Very very cool Ray! a lot of personality in every detail!

On 2009-06-03 08:20, TIKI-RAY wrote:
I cant wait to get my first scratch so I can quit worrying about it .

Ride through Newport/Huntington on the 4th...it'll get scratched :wink:

Now that's sweet, good job.

Ray, that is the coolest bike I've seen in a loooong time! Nice work, and Cindy's is really great, too!

S

sick ride dude check out my quiver!

T

Damn, Schwinns O plenty .

Coolest bike n town! I bet that will turn EVERY head as you ride by!

on a side note, damn dude! - not only a great carver, but painter, pinstriper, fabricator, etc. REALLY nice design on the bike - it turned out beautiful!

M
Mako posted on Tue, Jul 28, 2009 3:29 PM

Fantastic

BT

I've been a bike mechanic for over a dozen years and dig all kinds of bikes.

I've never seen a trike that cool before :wink:

It reminds me of electra cruisers, they have cool designs all over their fenders too. But yours is custom/on off and you included sweet things like coconut headlight, and bamboo basket. Top Notch.

that's amazing!

cool

That is not only a brilliant idea but what a killer job pulling it off! It takes a lot of cool to make me ant to physically exert myself but damn I wanna ride that sucker!!

Pages: 1 28 replies