Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 09 Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

I looked and realized there isn't a Roll Call Thread already.....

Andy and I will be about the Cabana throughout the weekend. We're not staying at the hotel (we're locals so we thought it silly to get a room) but if you miss us at around the hotel we'll be under the bar at the Mai-Kai.

Who else is gonna be there?

S

ME! I'll be arriving on Wed evening and staying through Monday. Room crawling in my room, Thursday at 8:30 pm!

Can't wait!

Suzanne

Representing Northern California! Arriving Thursday from the Keys and leaving in the afternoon on Sunday. WooHoo!

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

I have to go potty. Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Oh....I'll be there!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2009-06-03 11:16 ]

On 2009-06-03 11:15, Bohemiann wrote:
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

I have to go potty.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Don't make me pull this thread over and put you in a time out!!!!!

I'll be there, Andy! And if you and Chip need a place to stash your gear while you are at the Cabana, you can ditch it in my room...shove it under the bed or something...as long as there are no dead bodies involved...you know I'm scared of dead folks.

Yahoo! A warm up on Friday evening at Trader Vics in Chicago and then off to Hukilau and that good ol' MaiKai/ Gumbo Limbo lovin'!

M
Mambo posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 3:11 PM

I'll be be at the Cabana (not staying there) and Mai Kai also.
Look for my MAMBO name tag.

[ Edited by: Mambo 2009-06-03 15:17 ]

C
croe67 posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 3:21 PM

THERE!

Captain Quad and I will be there!

Pele Nani are there, but staying about a mile away, dammit.

On 2009-06-03 08:28, Chip and Andy wrote:
I looked and realized there isn't a Roll Call Thread already.....

Andy and I will be about the Cabana throughout the weekend. We're not staying at the hotel (we're locals so we thought it silly to get a room) but if you miss us at around the hotel we'll be under the bar at the Mai-Kai.

Who else is gonna be there?

Emily and I will be at the Bahia Cabana on 10 June. We have one of the efficiency apartment-style rooms with a microwave, fridge and sink. We'd love to meet up with you guys as early as possible.

Could you PM me with a cell phone number that will reach you?

My first Hukilau - be gentle. Flying in to Fort Lauderdale Thursday morning. Leaving Sunday afternoon.

PI

My hubby and I will be there! We're bringing 3 Huki-virgins too!

My wife and I will be there Thurs. staying at the Marriott nearby....our first Hukilau, can't wait!

T

I'll be rolling in on Thursday afternoon, but not staying at the Cabana, I opted to stay at the very tiki sounding Blarney Castle which is just a few short blocks away (according to the Internets). I figure I can walk to Hukilau and stagger back, though getting to the Mai Kai will be a little more effort. Name tags sound like a great idea, though I'll be the rum happy guy with the pony tail and barkcloth shirt. I should stick out like a polar bear in a blizzard.

E

Roger Danger and I will be there from Wed. till Monday.
I am sooo ready for this.

On 2009-06-03 17:51, TikiMango wrote:
I opted to stay at the very tiki sounding Blarney Castle which is just a few short blocks away (according to the Internets).

One big block south of the Cabana. Definitely within staggering distance!

T

That's what I paid for? Cripes! At least it will look like a Palace after a few Rum Barrels. Anyone else staying there?

On 2009-06-03 19:09, TikiMango wrote:
That's what I paid for? Cripes! At least it will look like a Palace after a few Rum Barrels. Anyone else staying there?

shore and begorrah!!!

We're staying there AND setting up a bar in our room (not that we plan to be there much)!

On 2009-06-03 17:27, Pomaika i wrote:
My hubby and I will be there! We're bringing 3 Huki-virgins too!

Don't we sacrifice virgins to the volcanoes??

Don't let the outside fool you.... several people stayed there last year and they lived to do it again.

While I may reside 30 miles away,Miami is a long haul after a number of drinks.
Staying at the Extended Stay America off the 17th ST Causeway. Yes, a bit of a drive to the events, but its way closer than home.

Slante'

I wish I could be there, but alas, I'm short on money, also, I'm still 20 for 6 more months. Time to save up some cash for next year.

-LT

B

Sherry and I will be there we are staying at the Best Western Oceanside - coming down Friday morning and leaving Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone!

On 2009-06-04 03:29, Benzart wrote:
Sherry and I will be there we are staying at the Best Western Oceanside - coming down Friday morning and leaving Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone!

YAY!!!! Sherry and Benzart are coming!! It's a party now!

Andy

On 2009-06-03 22:56, I dream of tiki wrote:
Staying at the Extended Stay America off the 17th ST Causeway.

Don't forget the FREE Sun-Trolley!!!

K

Fang (David) and I will be staying at the Best Western Oceanside (we need to get some sleep each night)
from Thursday to Sunday. Can't wait to see you all!

[ Edited by: KikiTiki 2009-06-04 07:50 ]

Tami and I will be there on Thursday thru Sunday. We are at the Cabana but, in the building across the street. Still within staggering distance. Can I bring Ginger?
See everyone there!! We have been waiting long enough.

Z

Heading down Weds afternoon, Mai Kai here we come.

What got me into this Tiki stuff?

Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge on Live365 internet streaming "radio".

All my music. All my drink recipes (all three or four of them).

All of them have come right out of my discovery of Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge on Live365.

I don't know whether this is good or bad.

Thoughts?

J

In Thursday AM - out Sunday PM. See ya all soon!!!!

On 2009-06-03 11:40, AlohaStation wrote:

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

I have to go potty.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Dude, Time out is a blatant failure...Woodstock '99 is proof of that. You just need to spank his ass.

Oh, yeah- I'm there, and my beautiful and patient girlfriend Brooke as well... Should be a stone hoot!

WOW! Just heard the 12-minute Hukilau segment on National Public Radio! That's Buck Wild! Christy, you have a radio voice, girl! Hukilau-Was, is, and always will be "The Big One"!! Very, very nice!Congragulations!

A short Thursday - Saturday afternoon, but it is better than nothing...

B

On 2009-06-05 21:21, Basement Kahuna wrote:

On 2009-06-03 11:40, AlohaStation wrote:

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

I have to go potty.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Dude, Time out is a blatant failure...Woodstock '99 is proof of that. You just need to spank his ass.

SPANKING TUNNEL !!! Great Idea! I have not had one since my 40th....shit. I'm getting old.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2009-06-06 03:16 ]

I will be there, as will my partner in crime, Soren. We're staying at the Best Western. Can't wait!

I'm getting there Wed night, Soren comes in Thu morning. Are there any earlybirds arriving on Wed who want to grab a drink or two?

-Kathryn

Wed. night Mai-Kai/ Molokai lounge for warm up !

Come say aloha and sample one of my cocktails at the art show premiere party Thursday night.

The very patient and understanding (and beautiful) Violetgirl and I will be ensconced Thursday through Sunday at the Cabana while I do my entertainment coordinator thing.

We're locals so we'll also see everyone Wednesday and Sunday at the Mai-Kai and, as a matter of fact, we're headed down there now to meet Tiki Kilki, who just pulled into town.

Gotta go back to work the next three days, unfortunately, but Hukilau fever is already here in South Florida. Let's just hope it drives away the rain.

HH

tabuzak and I are arriving Wednesday afternoon and staying until Monday...can't wait!

TornadoTiki and I will there for the whole Hukilau. Hope to see everybody there!!!

countdown on! checklist engaged-

Got here last night - the weather is great, not too warm, the Cabana is great and the Mai-Kai is paradise.

They are ready for all of you and the gift shop is even sporting amazing Lava Lava's made by Fashion Tramp (Andy, those are beautiful!) and also vintage dresses from Vintage Diversity! I bought one last night.

Girls, they had really large bamboo bangles too - you'll love them.

The Mai-Kai looks incredible, dinner was amazing and I was so glad to see Vanilla Lobster is still on the menu.

If anyone is here early we could really use your help on Wednesday with Hukilau preparation. Nothing too strenuous at all. If you'd like to assist us please IM me.

And as usual, it's a long standing tradition to meet up for Happy Hour on Wednesday prior to the weekend events. Don't miss it!

Oh yeah - Richard Cheese is making an appearance at Hukilau on Thursday night. No guarantees he'll perform but maybe if you guys email him or post here he will find it necessary to do a quick number by the pool. He's coming out with a Tiki inspired record later this yeart

T

:D :D Dave & I will be there late Wednesday and leaving Monday evening.. So excited, can't wait.. See ya all there... Save some rum for us.. :lol:

M

Mrs. BH and I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon. Lookin' forward to meeting all youse guys!

Pages: 1 2 78 replies